Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2021 2:32:32 AM EDT
Anyone seen any new Six8 rifles coming out from LWRC?  I understand there are significant backorders lists and  I have not seen any new rifles in quite a while.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 2:50:17 AM EDT
[#1]
There’s a 224V rifle on the wall at a local shop. Close as I’ve seen in years.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 10:06:24 AM EDT
[#2]
The biggest dealer in the south is In Rosenberg Texas the shop name is Xtreme Guns and Ammo
They would be able to get you on a list
Personally it’s a solution looking for a problem that doesn’t exist
Proprietary lower that is only good with P-Mags
If you build an upper with a barrel from a great barrel maker I am not supposed to mention his name on here for about $200 plus upper and rail and he sells high quality bolts too you can build an upper for $500 that shoots 1/2” groups and will handle the hottest of loads
Get you some PRI steel mags and you are GTG
I’ve been shooting this caliber for 15 years and never had an issue with those mags and Hornady ammo is lights out.  I’ve handloaded too it’s almost a requirement now
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 10:26:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The biggest dealer in the south is In Rosenberg Texas the shop name is Xtreme Guns and Ammo
They would be able to get you on a list
Personally it’s a solution looking for a problem that doesn’t exist
Proprietary lower that is only good with P-Mags
If you build an upper with a barrel from a great barrel maker I am not supposed to mention his name on here for about $200 plus upper and rail and he sells high quality bolts too you can build an upper for $500 that shoots 1/2” groups and will handle the hottest of loads
Get you some PRI steel mags and you are GTG
I’ve been shooting this caliber for 15 years and never had an issue with those mags and Hornady ammo is lights out.  I’ve handloaded too it’s almost a requirement now
View Quote

I don't own a Six8, but do have four (four) 6.8 SPC uppers and use Barrett and Precision Reflex Inc. magazines. I could never get good result with C-Products or ASC unless I used their 17 round models. The 25 round magazines needed to be modified.

I would be willing to sell all of my uppers at this point to fund one Six8 and use the Magpul dedicated magazines if they work 100%. This is the greatest issue facing larger calibers in the AR-15 platform, the receivers weren't designed for larger calibers. A wider and longer (2.600" cartridge OAL) magazine well would allow for higher performance in 5.56mm and the use of 6.8/6.5/6mm rounds that would gain serious downrange performance.

5.56mm ammo using 77/80 grain match bullets seated longer would allow for higher velocities without spiking pressure. As originally designed for 55 grain ball the current magazine length isn't optimum for modern match bullets or the 6.8/6.5's either.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 11:10:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Have been shooting 6.8 for 10-11 years, and I did the same thing last year. I have 4 rifles that shoot lights out, from 8.5in to 14.5 inch.

Bartlein barrels, LWRC bolts etc.

Mags work well for the most part, Barrett and PRI have been the most reliable ones, but almost none of them were 100%

Last summer, due to an abundance of funds and time, I decided to pick up a few Six8 sets and rebuild the rifles to make use of the Magpul mags.

All 3 rifles have been 100% since then.

I decided to keep one of the standard non Six8 rifles too, since I have lots of PRI/Barrett and other mags, and I had a hard time finding another Six8 set that wasn't priced stupid
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 12:59:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I love my Six8 SBR

The Six8 + PMAGS works 100% each time every time. My experiences with 6.8 mags in conventional lowers was mixed and frustrating. Only, the Barrett mags were GTG consistently.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 2:31:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I have been shooting 6.8 for years and switched to the Six8 due to reliabilty issues. The results have been great
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 2:49:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought a brand new Six8 UCIW in Patriot Brown towards the end of January. I found it on Gunbroker for slightly under MSRP.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 3:43:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I bought a brand new Six8 UCIW in Patriot Brown towards the end of January. I found it on Gunbroker for slightly under MSRP.
View Quote

I cloned one on a Six8 set I got. 8.5 inch bartlein and Tomahawk stock for maximum shortie! It's super light too, without the heavy piston and crazy barrel contour. It's about the get cerakoted Patriot Brown too. The color is just cool
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 3:51:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I cloned one on a Six8 set I got. 8.5 inch bartlein and Tomahawk stock for maximum shortie! It's super light too, without the heavy piston and crazy barrel contour. It's about the get cerakoted Patriot Brown too. The color is just cool
View Quote
Nice! Post pics when it's done!
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 9:52:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the replies.  I do have an order in with Xtreme Guns & Ammo but have been waiting almost 5 months.  Hopefully LWRC will be turning out a big production run soon.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 10:30:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I too must echo the sentiment that the LWRC Six8 PMAG is an improvement over the standard receiver steel magazines. Even with PRI magazines, I had continual issues getting some to work properly, namely in the 25 round magazines.

Every Six8 PMAG I've opened has worked flawlessly, no hassles or tweaking required.

Link Posted: 5/17/2021 3:47:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Zerlak, off-topic, but what brand is that flash hider?
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 3:49:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Surefire.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 5:27:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Surefire.
View Quote

This. It's no longer made but is for the FA762K silencer. Still needing to get a new can for it and my other SBR non-5.56 setups.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 4:49:59 AM EDT
[#15]
I’ll echo previous sentiments. The Six8 mag design is a significant improvement in reliability.  PRI and Barrett make some of the best steel mags out there, but in my experience are still not 100% reliable like the Magpul’s.

One thing nobody has touched on is the LWRC advanced combat bolt. It uses a fully supported bolt face and dual extractor springs, similar to KAC’s E3 bolt.

This person in this video does a great job explaining the differences between a mil spec bolt and the ACB.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdvt7BG8_R8
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 5:25:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Where’d you get the barrel?
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 9:39:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Custom Bartlein spun up by Lone Star Armory in Ft. Worth
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 10:20:15 PM EDT
[#18]
OP-

I have a six8 I am on the fence whether to sell or not.  Nothing wrong with the rifle just contemplating whether to get out of 6.8 or not.  

Shoot me a DM if you’d like.

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top