Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2016 5:23:00 PM EDT
Currently using a JP 2 port design. Works phenomenally well.  But there are signs of erosion starting to happen with the baffles. Don't like that at all.

Looking for something different that will eat up the recoil and gives me a better opportunity to get quick follow up shots if needed. I've currently narrowed it down to these three: Lantac Dragon because I have the .223 version and I like it alot. Lancer Nitrous or the POF Triple Port

Obviously the Dragon has spoiled me but the POF is also made in AZ and I do like to keep the money spent in state and happens to be the cheapest of all three. Experiences on any three would be much welcome.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 6:08:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Precision armament M4-72
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 6:35:43 PM EDT
[#2]
The standard port designs are nothing special. The Lantac would be the better of those three.

I opted for the BCM for my 20" AR10 and its going to take alot of persuasion to get me to change. I love it. I tried it on the 556, and theta just not enough kick in the AR15 to warrant any kind of brake or comp. But the 308, out certainly makes a world of difference compared to the A2. Sharp, straight back recoil. I had no problem dumping a mag into a 10" plate at 50yds as fast as i could.

A little cheaper than the Lantac as well, but money leaves AZ.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 8:13:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Good luck finding a muzzle brake of any caliber (maybe .22LR) that doesn't show baffle blast erosion.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 10:32:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good luck finding a muzzle brake of any caliber (maybe .22LR) that doesn't show baffle blast erosion.
View Quote

It was my understanding that a brake that effectively redirects/redistributes the blast, is going to erode rather quickly. That's why BCM even had something similar as a disclaimer. Something sling the lines "this us designed to do s job, that job essentially wears out the tool, naturally you will see signs of this"

Visible wear doesn't effect function in many cases.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 10:53:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got well over 600 rounds through this gun in development and so far, so good.  This is a Surefire 7.62 break with a custom mating coller to line of the rear flange supproesser OD with the larger barrel OD.  No signs of erosion yet.....but give it time.....I've been running 'em hot lately.  Surefires are stainless steel with an Ionbond coating.  According to the literature it's a DLC ( diamond like coating ) but I don't know if Ionbond qualifies in that category or not.

Pic of said brake and collar:

Note that mine is also ( as of now, the pic is early fit up ) Cerkoted just to pretty it up to the gun and I haven't even noticed any ablation of that yet!  In fact, I was quite surprised.  I figured it would ablate fairly readily.  I will take a really close look when I get it out next time and we'll see if that's true or not.

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 11:51:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've got well over 600 rounds through this gun in development and so far, so good.  This is a Surefire 7.62 break with a custom mating coller to line of the rear flange supproesser OD with the larger barrel OD.  No signs of erosion yet.....but give it time.....I've been running 'em hot lately.  Surefires are stainless steel with an Ionbond coating.  According to the literature it's a DLC ( diamond like coating ) but I don't know if Ionbond qualifies in that category or not.

Pic of said brake and collar:

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=63055

Note that mine is also ( as of now, the pic is early fit up ) Cerkoted just to pretty it up to the gun and I haven't even noticed any ablation of that yet!  In fact, I was quite surprised.  I figured it would ablate fairly readily.  I will take a really close look when I get it out next time and we'll see if that's true or not.  
View Quote
Where are you located? If persec is an issue, send me an IM. Most interested in getting a feel for an option not listed to keep things open minded.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:32:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm in Mesa.  you?

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:33:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm in Mesa.  you?
View Quote
A few hours north of you, Prescott.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:59:58 AM EDT
[#9]
I would run the JP till it doesn't work. Seems silly to change out something you say works great.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 2:56:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I would run the JP till it doesn't work. Seems silly to change out something you say works great.
View Quote

I agree with this. Keep chewing up the JP while you keep doing more research. I was gonna try the Lantac, but decided on the BCM simply because i could use my bayonet with no mods.

I've read the BCM doesn't suppress flash as well others, but i haven't had an issue with the ammo i use. I love it either way. I did try the Griffin Flash/Comp as well, that was real nice to, great control, but didn't cut down recoil very much.

All depends on what you want. Recoil reduction, muzzle control, flash suppression, all three?

The Surefire Warcomp is advertised as a trifecta. Videos look appealing.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:02:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I've used the BABC, Griffin Armament Flash comp, BCM comp and a Precision Armament EFAB. They all work great but the EFAB is my favorite. It has minimal concussion, mitigates muzzle rise and is supposed to cut flash close to a KAC MAMS (I havent had a chance to verify this). The BABC and Flash comp make the muzzle dip somewhat and for me, the EFAB feels more neutral.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:00:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I shot a DDV5 308 with a lantac and it's very soft shooting, it is loud and has gnarly side concussion but what true brake doesn't. I have ahsot a SCAR with a warcomp and it was soft shooting. My friend and her sister were able to shoot their dad's scar no problem. The warcomp kept the muzzle flat, it was like shooting a carbine length 556 with an a2 birdcage. I just put a surefire socom brake on my 901 that I plan to shoot soon.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:17:24 PM EDT
[#13]
SureFire Pro Comp 762

I really like in on my AR10.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 2:56:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Check out the SJC Titan .308 brake. Flattest/softest shooting I've seen on the market.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 12:40:58 AM EDT
[#15]
I like the PWS FSC30 and use it on several guns
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top