User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2015 11:24:38 PM EDT
tsia
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:34:21 AM EDT
[#1]
If you use the Armalite buffer spring, then yes a carbine buffer is what you need.

If you're going with a standard gas system, not adjustable, an H3 or heavier buffer will be ideal. If you're going adjustable, you can get a light buffer and adjust from closed position to get it running good. But, you'll be adjusting more often if you use a variety of ammo.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:31:50 PM EDT
[#2]
yeah, woudl be adj gas system.   The buffer & spring weight has lots of variables.

as far as the length goes though, the ar carbine buffer is the right length to work w/ the ar10 and the a5 tube?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:23:08 PM EDT
[#3]
That is correct, i can only personally recommend the Armalite spring. I've read good things about Sprinco, but I've never tried them. I feel Armalite has the best buffer system, and is really just their spring.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top