Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/8/2015 10:42:48 PM EDT
I'm very interested in finishing my build with this upper. Anybody have experience with one? I will be using it all around! Home defense, plinking, hunting, and just all around fun!! I'm still debating about their 5.56 upper but the only thing keeping me to that is cheap ammo and ability to use pmags so any help would be appreciated!! Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 12:28:33 AM EDT
[#1]
As much as I like Wilson Combat  $1400 for a 6.8 forged upper is excessive.  There's a lot of companies making 6.8's that are equal in quality to Wilson and cost way less.  Bison Armory is a good example.  That being said, if you do decide to go the wilson route you won't be disappointed.  I have a 458 socom from them and its top notch.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:33:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Brett at Ironworks tactical, or Mad Dog weapon Systems here will do you right, do you better, and do you cheaper.

They will use ARP barrels and bolts, the best you can get in 6.8.

Go to 68forums and look around.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:55:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Okay thanks guys I'll look around at them. Isn't the 68forums owned by Wilson Combat though?
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 2:04:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Okay thanks guys I'll look around at them. Isn't the 68forums owned by Wilson Combat though?
View Quote

It is, but they bought it. It was started long before they bought it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 2:07:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Okay thanks. So I'm guessing you have both a 5.56 and 6.8 but if you had to only have one what would it be? Dumb question but it's the situation I'm in now lol
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 2:28:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Okay thanks. So I'm guessing you have both a 5.56 and 6.8 but if you had to only have one what would it be? Dumb question but it's the situation I'm in now lol
View Quote

I only had a 6.8 first.

Both of my ARs are ARP barrels and bolts. The 6.8 was built by Harrison at ARP when he used to build complete uppers. The other is actually a .223 Wylde, and built by some of the guys on the forum a year agvo.

I was a .308 shooter first, and went to 6.8 from there.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 7:25:28 AM EDT
[#7]
ARP is great but I prefer Bison Armory....Ben builds great rifles and exactly how you want them and his barrels are top notch especially his stainless match grade barrels.....and yes the word match is thrown around alot but in this case his match barrels deserve the adjective.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top