Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2012 4:28:18 PM EDT
I've been lurking around here a while, never been much of an AR fan, had a couple, a nice Colt, a DPMS MK12, neither one thrilled me. I guess it's the .223 round 'cause I also had a Mini 14 that didn't thrill me either. All those are gone, sold or traded.
I recently aquired another AR, this time in 7.62x39. I read the horror stories on different forums and was ready for some "issues". I think the previous owner couldn't get it to feed although he didn't disclose that to me but no worries, it's a mechanical device made of metal which means the average guy should be able to fix it and I'm average so with Dremel in hand and a Mt. Dew on the counter I dove in.
Got the thing to feed with a little, lot of Dremel work, cleaned it and oiled it up, called my Son and away we go!
I had him load the magazine with cheap ammo I had laying around and he wanted to fire it first so..........BANG!......smiles, bang, bang, bang lots of smiles "give me that thing" I told him and I emptied the mag as fast as I could! Awesome, I'm an AR fan now, I just needed the right caliber.
It's a mongrel;
Tactics lower
? upper assembly with a very short barrel and 6" suppressor welded on.
DPMS stock
Magpul BAD lever, Tapco battery holder on no-name fore end, cheapo sling and 1 mag for now.
I am a happy AR-15 7.62x39 owner.
now I have to figure out how to add pictures.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 4:37:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Alright, where are the FAQ's? Or how do I put pictures of my new addition on here?
thanks
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 4:44:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Alright, where are the FAQ's? Or how do I put pictures of my new addition on here?
thanks

Load pic on photobucket, copy image code, paste in your post and there it is and FAQ are in the AR variants forum under FAQs click your caliber and your there.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 5:06:52 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks, that sounds almost like work! I'll give it a shot, when I said average I meant most things, on the internet I'm below average and easily frustrated.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 5:15:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
thanks, that sounds almost like work! I'll give it a shot, when I said average I meant most things, on the internet I'm below average and easily frustrated.

Yayy it worked. I like it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 5:34:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome to the x39 AR club.

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 6:00:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Welcome to the site and the X39 club.  I just finished one using a 18" Kies barrel and bolt.  I had a few feeding problems at first using lead round-nose Wolf ammo, but it turned out to be the mag and not the feed ramps.  I put a Vortex SPARC on mine, but it failed and needs to be replaced.

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top