Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/9/2010 10:01:28 AM EDT
From what I've heard, there "used" to be a forum for the .458 SOCOM, but apparently it is extinct.  Is there any website that shows a plethora of reload data for the SOCOM without having to put individual  "bullet specific" posts on this arfcom Variants site?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:44:23 AM EDT
[#1]
This site is the best for load info.  Use the search feature for 458 SOCOM.

The real 458 site will be rejuvenated at some point.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:08:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Until Marty's IT people get the 458 SOCOM forum back up it's search this forum and the reloading forum.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=6&f=42

and since you're a team member don't forget to search the archived reloading forum
http://www.ar15.com/archive/archive.html

TIP: using "458" as the keyword will bring up more hits than "458 SOCOM"

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:10:22 AM EDT
[#3]
That's what I was afraid of... you've got to search the archives on a specific bullet and then ready through dozens of posts.  No body has compiled a list of bullets and loads like Alexander Arms website has for the Beowulf?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:17:56 AM EDT
[#4]
What Bullet are you interested in?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:40:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That's what I was afraid of... you've got to search the archives on a specific bullet and then ready through dozens of posts.  No body has compiled a list of bullets and loads like Alexander Arms website has for the Beowulf?

I have a bunch of load data, but I don't "think" I have access to it at my office PC.  I know I have it on my Mac at my house, and my other PC...
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:59:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Or you could send an EMail and get several spreadsheets for several bullets plus a "compilation" of load data that has been published in national magazines.  One very large bullet company has their pressure barrel and is working on adding it to their manual...
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:14:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Gee, I wonder which company that would be??  What bullet company has made two bullets specifically for the .458 SOCOM?  I wonder who that could be; it is such a mystery!  Another reason to wait for #5 to come out.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:45:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Gee, I wonder which company that would be??  What bullet company has made two bullets specifically for the .458 SOCOM?  I wonder who that could be; it is such a mystery!  Another reason to wait for #5 to come out.

Unless they are spending a ton on research with multiple powder options for their multiple bullet options...

I'd rather pay to piss on the book than buy it.

This is a technically appropriate answer to Barnes Reloading Manuals 1-4.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top