Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2010 1:31:30 AM EDT
So I picked up 5 30 round 7.62X39 mags from C-Products a few months back. I got my upper from Del-Ton just a few weeks ago. I took it to the range, and had nothing but FTF. I picked up a 5 round Colt mag that feeds like a champ so I knew it was a mag issue. I Called C-Products, they sent me 5 new mags no questions asked. These mags are marginally better. 2 of them feed until I get to about 10 rounds left. 2 feed about every other round, and I haven't tried the fifth yet. I'm not really sure what to do here. I'm thinking of trying to alter the follower to point the nose of the rounds up a bit more on one of them to see how that works. Are others having this issue? I know some did have issues but I thought the replacement mags fixed it for most people. I'm pretty dissapointed with C-Products on this one. I know people are tired of hearing it, but DAMN I wish Magpul would make a mag for this gun!
Link Posted: 7/30/2010 1:34:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I have only one C-products 7.62x39 mag. I just wanted one to try out. I have not had any problems with it. I just haven't gotten around to getting any more. Perhaps I just got lucky.

I wanted it because I had heard bad things about them, but then I saw a post here from a guy that had great luck with his. He had M4 style feed ramps, and that might have contributed to his success. But, like I said, I haven't had any trouble and I regular rifle ramps.
Link Posted: 7/30/2010 1:45:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I have M4 style feed ramps on it. The rounds are hitting just under that. I was considering trying a heavier buffer, but I'm not convinced that would help, and I don't want to spend the cash on it when I have another brand of mag that does work.
Link Posted: 7/30/2010 5:57:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have M4 style feed ramps on it. The rounds are hitting just under that. I was considering trying a heavier buffer, but I'm not convinced that would help, and I don't want to spend the cash on it when I have another brand of mag that does work.

Tweak the feed lips of the mag so the rounds point up more.  You may need to extend the M4 ramps on the upper/extension as well...
Link Posted: 7/30/2010 6:45:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I considered messing with the feed ramps, but I'd definately need some one far more skilled than me to do it. As for the feed lips on the mags, I may try that.They never did ask me to send in my old mags, so I guess I could try it on one of them. I think the mag bodies are the same.
Link Posted: 7/30/2010 8:11:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Read somewhere on here that Wolf extra power springs do wonders in the CProducts mags.
Link Posted: 7/30/2010 9:24:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Read somewhere on here that Wolf extra power springs do wonders in the CProducts mags.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that little mod.  I think the spring solved many of those issues...
Link Posted: 8/1/2010 5:42:59 PM EDT
[#7]
why the heck doesn't C-products install Wolf springs?
Link Posted: 8/1/2010 6:25:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
why the heck doesn't C-products install Wolf springs?

I pulled some of the springs out of my C-products mags to have a look at them.  The ones I had were much longer and stronger than regular AR mags.  All of my C-products mags work great as long as I only load 15 or so rounds into them.  Much more than that and they start to bind up.
Link Posted: 8/2/2010 4:53:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/2/2010 9:42:54 AM EDT
[#10]
An observation I've made concerning the floorplates on my 10 round 7.62x39 C Products magazines is that they tend to walk out in use. It's not just one problem magazine, either; I have 14 of them and it's common. I haven't had one come all the way out yet, but they often need to be reseated.

Is this a recognized thing with these?
Link Posted: 8/2/2010 10:11:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Anyone having issues with their 7.62's contact me and I will make it right. If I have to personally fire all the magazines before they are sent to you guys to make sure they work I will.

[email protected]

Chad

Thanks Chad, e-mail sent.

Link Posted: 8/2/2010 11:08:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/2/2010 12:38:15 PM EDT
[#13]
I just bought some CProduct 7.62x39 mags for my AR.  However, my magazine followers are marked 5.56, is that the norm?
Link Posted: 8/2/2010 5:23:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
An observation I've made concerning the floorplates on my 10 round 7.62x39 C Products magazines is that they tend to walk out in use. It's not just one problem magazine, either; I have 14 of them and it's common. I haven't had one come all the way out yet, but they often need to be reseated.

Email me and send me your address. We have 2 different types of floor plates, one for the straight bodied mags and one for the curved mags. It sounds like you have the wrong plates. I will send you new ones.

[email protected]

Chad

Thanks Chad; email sent.

Link Posted: 8/2/2010 7:18:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Email me and send me your address. We have 2 different types of floor plates, one for the straight bodied mags and one for the curved mags. It sounds like you have the wrong plates. I will send you new ones.

[email protected]

Chad

Thanks Chad; email sent.

E sent by me too

I've been watching your threads (MMcfpd) ............and LMTRocks' threads too........I've got my 7.62 all worked out except for the mags.   I'll report all the tweeks when the mags run 100%
Link Posted: 8/3/2010 4:31:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/3/2010 8:39:20 AM EDT
[#17]
I got them from 44mag.com

On my order form it says 7.62x39.  I thought it was weird that they were marked 5.56

I guess I should give them an e-mail or phone call.

Link Posted: 8/3/2010 10:35:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/3/2010 12:25:22 PM EDT
[#19]
The longer springs that C-Products use are, as far as I can tell, almost identical to standard 30 round AK mag springs.  Of course depending on the make/model of the AK mag you look at there will be slight differences.

I made a thread a long time ago about swapping the Wolff springs in.  They solved all my issues.  It just sucks having to spend the extra cash on the springs.  I do have a couple mags direct from C-Products that work as well, but I only really trust the ones with the Wolff springs in them.
Link Posted: 8/3/2010 12:32:48 PM EDT
[#20]
I orginally bought 4 of the 30rd C Products mags a while back.  2 worked perfectly.  2 had followers that would hang up with more than 15rd loaded.  I replaced the spring in 1 with an as-new AK mag spring, and it worked.  I contacted Chad and he sent me 2 new followers and 2 new mag springs at no charge (much heavier springs than what my mags came with).  I replaced the followers and springs in those 2 mags, and both work perfectly now.  I then put my AK mag spring back into my AK mag.  Note:  Off hand, I could see no difference between my "old" followers and the new ones.
Link Posted: 8/5/2010 6:16:04 AM EDT
[#21]
e-mail sent last night about my 6 c-products mags
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 3:53:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Chad sent out 6 new ags with a pick up slip for the six old ones, I'll gt a chance to test them this weekend and post my results.
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 6:42:57 AM EDT
[#23]
I know this is going to sound blasphemous, but it might be feedramps issues.  The most recent build I did was an AR pistol and the barrel extension did not match the M4 ramps of my LMT upper.  Out came the dremel with a green grinding "cone."  I can't get any of my CP mags to fail, and I load them to 25.  For gits n shiggles I ran a CP 25rd Grendel mag loaded with 20rds of x39––––zero stoppages.  They even have magpul ranger plates.  LMT carbine buffer.  I might be lucky though...
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 8:22:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I know this is going to sound blasphemous, but it might be feedramps issues.  The most recent build I did was an AR pistol and the barrel extension did not match the M4 ramps of my LMT upper.  Out came the dremel with a green grinding "cone." ..

Yea, If I can't get these new mags to work, that's going to be my next approach.  The problem is that the bullet nose dives into the upper right at where the feed ramp starts, just missing the feed ramp by a hair.

I think if I extend the edge of the ramp by just a little bit it will catch the bullet tip and push it into the chamber.

Link Posted: 8/11/2010 4:04:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I know this is going to sound blasphemous, but it might be feedramps issues.  The most recent build I did was an AR pistol and the barrel extension did not match the M4 ramps of my LMT upper.  Out came the dremel with a green grinding "cone."  I can't get any of my CP mags to fail, and I load them to 25.  For gits n shiggles I ran a CP 25rd Grendel mag loaded with 20rds of x39––––zero stoppages.  They even have magpul ranger plates.  LMT carbine buffer.  I might be lucky though...

Hey LMT,  do the Grendel mags have stronger springs ??

You should hit the G-mags hard (use and abuse) and give us a report......maybe thats the fix....just switch to Grendel ??
Link Posted: 8/12/2010 4:32:53 AM EDT
[#26]
I was too anxious to see how the new CPRODUCTS mags worked, so I took off a little early yesterday to try them out.

I ran 60 rounds through two of the new mags and they ran flawlessly, I'm very pleased with the results.
The rounds now engage the feed ramps right about in the middle.  I can't say enough how pleased I am with the service that I got from CPRODUCTS in rectifying the problem I had with the old magazines. Thanks Chad.
Link Posted: 8/12/2010 4:53:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/12/2010 7:23:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey LMT,  do the Grendel mags have stronger springs ??

You should hit the G-mags hard (use and abuse) and give us a report......maybe thats the fix....just switch to Grendel ??

My Grendel mags are bone stock.  They never gave me any issues in my 20" AA.  I figured since the Grendel case can be fire/hydroformed from a 7.62x39 case that it was worth a shot.  So far I've run 40rds through my AR pistol which was the most cantankerous little beast I've ever built.  Zero stoppages.  I'll run a few more the next time I'm at the range––-toward the end of the month.  I have a feeling that the CP mags are excellent but that a simple little mod to the upper would make a world of difference.

Link Posted: 8/13/2010 8:13:26 PM EDT
[#29]
You can't beat a company like C products excellent customer service. Other companies can learn from them. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 10:14:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know this is going to sound blasphemous, but it might be feedramps issues.  The most recent build I did was an AR pistol and the barrel extension did not match the M4 ramps of my LMT upper.  Out came the dremel with a green grinding "cone." ..

Yea, If I can't get these new mags to work, that's going to be my next approach.  The problem is that the bullet nose dives into the upper right at where the feed ramp starts, just missing the feed ramp by a hair.

I think if I extend the edge of the ramp by just a little bit it will catch the bullet tip and push it into the chamber.

I used a chain saw sharpening bit in my dremel to extend the feed ramps, I have not had a single malfunction since.  The C-products 30 rd mag has been perfect.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 5:12:36 PM EDT
[#31]
My new bushy 7.62x39 upper arrived today.  I am pretty sure that CProducts is the manufacturer for these mags.  Overall the upper produced great groups other than Wolf black box which most will not fire due to the primer and firing pin (need to order modle 1 enhanced?).  The Wolf Classic JHP  shot great and the only issue was the mag.  The bolt would not catch the round on numerous occasions and I found myself re-charging.  On a different note Monarch from Academey had zero mag and zero fireing pin issues.  I just ordered another 5 mags of Cproducts and hope that the Wolf Classic will cylcle properly.  The major issue was the Black Box and it also had several FTF and doubles.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 5:39:33 PM EDT
[#32]
I wish they would come out with a 20rd magazine.  I am in CA, so it'd have to be converted to a 10/20, but I like the size of the 20rd magazines over the 10rd and 30rd mags.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:27:43 PM EDT
[#33]
The floorplates on my 7.62X39 AR mags are walking loose. On a couple of them, I can't get the floorplates to snap back.

Email sent.

rhill
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:14:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh yeah, I forgot about that little mod.  I think the spring solved many of those issues...

I've had to replace all the CP springs with Wolf. It fixed one mag and I haven't tried the other three yet. You can feel difference. This may be off bubble but it appears to me the extra power forces the cartridge to tilt more upward. The issue I was having with all my CP mags was soft points plowing into the feed ramp and stopping immediately.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:11:10 PM EDT
[#35]
I finally got my 7.62 pistol back out to the range...........

Its not the mags !!!  It was the feeding ramps.....I re-did them with the dremel to the yellow lines like here in the pic..............(the red dots are where the bullets used to nose-dive and jam)

Runs like it should now !!!
Out of 200 rds, Not 1 failure to feed !! w/ Wolf ammo !!!.......2 lite primer hits,...gonna try the modded firing pin for that?    post back later.......
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top