Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2009 3:13:16 PM EDT
Other than the DPMS site, of course.  

I've found a number of places online where you can "build your own upper" and use the drop-down menu to select the various options such as sights, handguards, etc...    But I'm kind of hung up on the DPMS lo-pro (love the clean look of no forward advance), and the only place where I can find that as an option on a 7.62 is on the DPMS site itself.   They don't offer as many options for the add-ons as some of the other sites, unfortunately.   For example, they only have one choice for a 4-rail floating handguard available.

Anyone know of a site where I could put this setup together?   Or even a supplier who would be willing to source that upper as an option on a package for me?  I'm trying to keep this reasonable inexpensive, of course...

Last question, and this is the one I've been totally stumped on...   Anyone know of someone selling complete 7.62 mid-lengths uppers?

Thanks in advance for the help, I've been learning TONS on the forum so far.

Actually been thinking about building an AR for a long time and just never got over the hump of picking up a stripped reciever.   Then the other day I was listening to our local talk radio station and was the "14th caller" for a gift certificate to our local NFA shop.   Particularly crazy considering I NEVER win stuff like that.   It was like it was fate or something, haha!  Went right down there and ordered a stripped lower the next day, so now I don't have any CHOICE but to build something!
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 9:08:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Other than the DPMS site, of course.  

I've found a number of places online where you can "build your own upper" and use the drop-down menu to select the various options such as sights, handguards, etc...    But I'm kind of hung up on the DPMS lo-pro (love the clean look of no forward advance), and the only place where I can find that as an option on a 7.62 is on the DPMS site itself.   They don't offer as many options for the add-ons as some of the other sites, unfortunately.   For example, they only have one choice for a 4-rail floating handguard available.

Anyone know of a site where I could put this setup together?   Or even a supplier who would be willing to source that upper as an option on a package for me?  I'm trying to keep this reasonable inexpensive, of course...

Last question, and this is the one I've been totally stumped on...   Anyone know of someone selling complete 7.62 mid-lengths uppers?

Thanks in advance for the help, I've been learning TONS on the forum so far.

Actually been thinking about building an AR for a long time and just never got over the hump of picking up a stripped reciever.   Then the other day I was listening to our local talk radio station and was the "14th caller" for a gift certificate to our local NFA shop.   Particularly crazy considering I NEVER win stuff like that.   It was like it was fate or something, haha!  Went right down there and ordered a stripped lower the next day, so now I don't have any CHOICE but to build something!

Try Fulton Armory.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 9:44:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Where or who did you find that you can "build your own" order type complete DPMS uppers from?
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 5:04:02 AM EDT
[#3]
West, the DPMS site has a "build your own" here:  http://www.dpmsinc.com/store/?cat=1440   Just click on the size you want.

9mm, FA has a lot of parts, but I wasn't finding a complete uppers where you could select the options you want and have them assemble it for you.    Plus their site navigation is a mess!  Man...
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 5:06:47 PM EDT
[#4]
try rguns.net complete uppers i recieved mine two weeks ago and it works fine.  18" complete upper bull barrel 599.00 many defferent styles to choose from
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top