Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2009 6:17:31 PM EDT
Is or has anyone run a 6.8 upper on a Cavalry Arms MKII lower? Or any other larger caliber? Does the lighter weight handle the larger recoil? Is muzzle rise a problem? Any inputs appreciated.
I am cosidering my next build on one with either a 6.8 or 7.62 upper.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 6:51:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out CavArms in the industry section , someone has asked this very question.

I've got two CavArms lowers myself that I think I'd like to put either a 6.8 , 7.62x40 , or .30HRT on .(or maybe even a 7.92x42!)
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:39:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got a Cav Arms lower and I'm running a 458 SOCOM upper on it without a problem.  Being a single piece, I think it holds up even better than an aluminum lower.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 10:11:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I've got a Cav Arms lower and I'm running a 458 SOCOM upper on it without a problem.  Being a single piece, I think it holds up even better than an aluminum lower.

What buffer are you running?
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 5:09:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Perfect with a lightweight 6.8 16" barrel.

With a clark forearm grip, my entire rig with scope weighed 6#4oz dry
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 6:08:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm running one of Slash's buffers. I emailed him and he sold me the one recommended for the 458 SOCOM on a CAV Arms Mk II lower.  I love it.  My SOCOM kicks about like a 20 gauge on gas, a push rather than a punch.

Link Posted: 9/21/2009 6:47:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What buffer are you running?

I use a heavy on one of mine (I have a RRA setup with the CavArms lower).  Works like a champ.  I'm also building a strictly hunting 6.8 x 43 on a CavArms lower.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top