Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2006 4:19:10 PM EDT
Im really thinking of getting one of these rifles but have a few questions.  Will the sir designed for the ar10 work on the dpms? Should i wait on rock river arms? Is the dpms a mid length gas sys r a car length? thanks for allthe help and info
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:49:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes it will fit but some minor mods are required to the SIR. 1) A custom barrel nut is required 2) The interior of the SIR needs minor machining (Dremel will work but a mill makes quick work of it) 3) The forward cross screw on the SIR locking bar will need to be thinned as the top receiver rail was not milled to 1913 picatinny specs or the SIRlocking bar was out of spec.

Here is a couple of photos of the Leitner-Wise gas piston operated DPMS .308s

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:24:36 AM EDT
[#2]
How does one go about getting something like that Leitner-Wise complete rifle?
Do they offer it to civilians?  Or is that a military type project?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:02:58 PM EDT
[#3]
sweet set up I may just go w/ the 4railff they offer . then agin i love my sir on my rra thanks for the info
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:53:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:47:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes it will fit but some minor mods are required to the SIR. 1) A custom barrel nut is required 2) The interior of the SIR needs minor machining (Dremel will work but a mill makes quick work of it) 3) The forward cross screw on the SIR locking bar will need to be thinned as the top receiver rail was not milled to 1913 picatinny specs or the SIRlocking bar was out of spec.

Here is a couple of photos of the Leitner-Wise gas piston operated DPMS .308s

www.silencertests.com/albums/Jet/IMG_0578.sized.jpg
img95.imageshack.us/img95/3153/george762lw4wn.jpg

Is that your rifle?

I built the above rifle for Leitner-Wise, since we are in the process of being aquired by Leitner-Wise and I have possesion of both of them, I would say yes.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:54:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
How does one go about getting something like that Leitner-Wise complete rifle?
Do they offer it to civilians?  Or is that a military type project?

LW will be offering a line of .308's in the near furture (approx. 6 months).
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:54:56 PM EDT
[#7]
so how does one who is not LEO/Mil aquire a piston upper for their ar10/DPMS?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:27:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Damn that's nice!
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top