Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/21/2006 5:25:43 AM EDT
I noticed the DPMS offers a built rifle in these .260 and 243 variants.

To me these calibers  look like a nice compromise compared to the  .308 Panthers..  They should still have good stopping power, but  will shoot flatter with less recoil .Anybody ever tried them? In particular I was wondering about functioning and reliability.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:08:16 PM EDT
[#1]
it should be very reliable i would think. isnt the .243 and the .260 based off of the proven .308 round.

im planning on getting one in .260 remington next year but changing out the barrel to an abs barrel for lighter weight when hunting.

this is info i have on the .260 the .260 will handle any game situation you may run into.

Generally speaking, the 87-100 grain bullets are for varmints and small predators, the 120-130 grain bullets are intended for medium size deer, sheep, goats, and antelope, the 140 grain bullets are the favorite choice for larger or tougher animals like wild boar, black bear, and caribou, and the heavy 150-165 grain bullets are for the largest non-dangerous game.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:32:09 PM EDT
[#2]
BTT....eventually I might find somebody in the whole country that owns one?  
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:58:53 PM EDT
[#3]
tag
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:11:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
BTT....eventually I might find somebody in the whole country that owns one?  

BTT,

.....I'm starting to think if I bought one,  I'll be the only one in the whole country that owns one. (???)
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:21:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not sure any are available yet, but I'm quite interested as well in the 260.  I've thought such a promisingly accurate round would be an excellent match for the AR system.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:32:04 AM EDT
[#6]
If you ever bought one and experience any any problems with cycling, ejecting, or etc., it will be confidence inspiring to be able to come here to the boards and seek the help and experience from all those guys that own one.

(sarcasm.....where's the roll-eyes face when you need it?)
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:19:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Someone has to be first. You are an intrepid explorer, and will become the expert on all things 260

[rolleyes + ]
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top