Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2006 8:28:56 AM EDT
Which parts do the DPMS .308 rifles (the LR-308T particularly) share with ar-15s or ar-10s?

They mention on the website that they use ' Standard A-15 trigger group' - I'm guessing that they mean ar-15 but can't use the name due to copyright violation. I've also seen stock advertisements here where they mention a difference between the standard ar-15 stock and an ar10/dpms LR stock..

Thanks!!
-Colin
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:52:07 AM EDT
[#1]
The LR-308 supports the standard AR-15 buffer tubes and stocks. The Magpul PRS has a special AR-10/LR-308 version to clear the the charging handle.

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:59:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Very interesting post.  I had the same question so I asked Brownells and they contacted Bob at DPMS.  Angie replied the following to me:

Hi Big-Bore,
I just spoke w/ Bob at DPMS.
According to Bob there are 3 parts that are not the same as the AR-15.  These parts are: the pivot pin, take down pin, & the bolt catch screw.

The Buffer tube, buffer, & Stock are the same as used on the AR-15.

As far as will any stock work, he said the A2 Stocks & the AR-15 Collapsible Stocks will work on the DPMS .308 LR.

If you have the Armalite AR-10 Stock, this will not work even though it’s a .308.

Thank you,

Angie
Brownells
Purchasing Rebuyer/Special Orders

NOW THAT IS CUSTOMER SERVICE.  I got an answer in less than 24 hours.

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:16:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow, cool, thanks for the information!

I'd imagine that the charging handle would be a little bit longer than a standard AR-15 model due to the extra length of bolt travel due to cartridge length... ? Would that be different than the AR-15 charging handle then? I would imagine that the bolt, bolt carrier, and all that jazz would be slightly different as well.

I better order a spare pivot pin, takedown pin and bolt catch screw from DPMS then - although they'll probably be here before my rifle is!

-Colin
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:40:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Be aware that my question was directed to LOWER and STOCK parts only.  I did not ask anything about upper parts.  Those parts are different that I am absolutely sure of, bolt, carrier, charging handle, barrel nut.  
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top