Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2006 11:09:05 AM EDT
I plan on only using sub-sonic w/ my gem-tech can----------I guess if I just get a flatop upper and have a bbl setup for it---it really shouldn't be that big of a deal to have a smith set it up for me----the SSK ones are great looking, but too much $$$ for my wallet-----any advice or suggestions would be greatly apprecited
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:00:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:36:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I plan on only using sub-sonic w/ my gem-tech can----------I guess if I just get a flatop upper and have a bbl setup for it---it really shouldn't be that big of a deal to have a smith set it up for me----the SSK ones are great looking, but too much $$$ for my wallet-----any advice or suggestions would be greatly apprecited

Not that hard to build the upper your biggest challenge/expense is finding the barrel -
Randell of course can sell you one - you can also order thru other vendors SSK being I think one of the most expensive.  Mine is ER Shaw barrel found after about 3 months of looking here.
Oher components are easy and assemly requires some few specialized tools. Keep checking Equipment Exchange, and other sights (even E-bay!)  

http://www.quarterbore.net/  is good source of info.
as is http://www.silencertests.com
Cheapest prices on dies was Midway -  

Other choice is 7.62x39 but magazines are the problem with that choice...

When working up your loads for subsonic start super and work your way down to sub sonic.

Have fun...

Artful

[email protected]

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:39:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top