Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2006 11:11:48 AM EDT
So I am thinking about building a Mega Lower with a folding stock and then throwing one of Rhineland Arms 5.7 uppers on it when they come out.  Any thoughts?

-C4-
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:31:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Any links ot the Rhineland Arms 5.7?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:49:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:54:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like a good idea. I'm hoping to do the same thing, but I can't find any info on when they're being produced, sold, etc.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:45:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Just got an email from Thomas at Rhineland arms....

We are getting close to a release date on the AR5.7 upper but have nothing firm yet.

I'm planning to build:

Mega Gater Multi Lower
Accuracy Speaks Trigger or a White Oak Tuned RRA
Hogue Ruber Grip
ACE Folding Stock

-C4-
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:09:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I was going to suggest the ACE folder but see you got it already.  Apparently a new version is due in a month or two, AR specific.  Can't wait to get a hold of it.  I like the concept and Rhineland making it fit the AR, just not that keen on the mag location.  In the AR MUCH better than the P90, far less chance of brushing your own hand when doing things like opening a door or tossing a FADD.  Next to no recoil.  Should be a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:15:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I was going to suggest the ACE folder but see you got it already.  Apparently a new version is due in a month or two, AR specific.  Can't wait to get a hold of it.  I like the concept and Rhineland making it fit the AR, just not that keen on the mag location.  In the AR MUCH better than the P90, far less chance of brushing your own hand when doing things like opening a door or tossing a FADD.  Next to no recoil.  Should be a lot of fun.

Actually I thought the mag location was kind of interesting, I can't imagine speed loading would be that easy, but the hot brass dropping out of the old magwell is a nice perk.

-C4-
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:05:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

As a second note: Any idea is new about the new stock from ACE?
-C4-
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:23:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-C4-

It is supposed to be a folding adapter for use with standard A2 stocks instead of the tele stocks.  That's all I know.  I want to see the new MagPul stocks (not the PRS but the other two)

On the mag location, for the AR it is 500% better compared to the P90, just seems "different" from what I am used to ...  Seems you would have to lower the rifle and break sight to reload, one of my big complaints against the P90 (along with several others)  Yes, I do not like the P90, then again, I am 6'6" and it seems too small for me ...as does the Mini Cooper ...
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:17:02 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-C4-

It is supposed to be a folding adapter for use with standard A2 stocks instead of the tele stocks.  That's all I know.  I want to see the new MagPul stocks (not the PRS but the other two)

On the mag location, for the AR it is 500% better compared to the P90, just seems "different" from what I am used to ...  Seems you would have to lower the rifle and break sight to reload, one of my big complaints against the P90 (along with several others)  Yes, I do not like the P90, then again, I am 6'6" and it seems too small for me ...as does the Mini Cooper ...

Haha. I completely agree... it is just "different".

-C4-
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:06:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:21:49 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
If the 5.7 upper is bottom eject, then it's just like a Calico 9mm.
Take a crappy mag, cut away the feed lips, cut off the bottom and attach some small canvas bag.
Perfect brass catcher.

I like it... all I need to do next is start reloading (which was already on the list anyways).

-C4-
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:53:20 PM EDT
[#12]
any  idea on the production  start date for the  5.7 upper ,
(I would hate  for something so cool  to be  vapor  ware
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:33:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
any  idea on the production  start date for the  5.7 upper ,
(I would hate  for something so cool  to be  vapor  ware

I have been told about a month or so...  

-C4-
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:00:08 AM EDT
[#14]
spoke to rhineland yesterday , in  2-3 weeks samples and beta testers  to work out all the final bugs then into full production . I like what i heard over the phone  .
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:12:58 PM EDT
[#15]
I plan on getting one.  Anyone know pricing on it.  That is how you know you have a black rifle problem.  You want it and know you will get it and yet price for some reason stops mattering.  Wow.  My name is DOC and I have a problem.  Checked out their site and I have an Enfield that I am just waiting to trash and the .45ACP looks like a good excuse to do this!!!

Speedloading........who cares.  If I can not hit it in 50 rounds, then I better not be in a hurry because 1-4.

1.  I suck at shooting.
2.  I should have picked a bigger gun.
3.  I am dead.
4.  All of the above.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:30:23 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I plan on getting one.  Anyone know pricing on it.  That is how you know you have a black rifle problem.  You want it and know you will get it and yet price for some reason stops mattering.  Wow.  My name is DOC and I have a problem.  Checked out their site and I have an Enfield that I am just waiting to trash and the .45ACP looks like a good excuse to do this!!!

Speedloading........who cares.  If I can not hit it in 50 rounds, then I better not be in a hurry because 1-4.

1.  I suck at shooting.
2.  I should have picked a bigger gun.
3.  I am dead.
4.  All of the above.

One of my Enfields is about to get trashed for their conversion too.... Now where did I put that pipe wrench.

-C4-
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:25:26 AM EDT
[#17]
price estimated @ $550 from the dealer
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:07:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Any updates on availability ??
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:02:22 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Any updates on availability ??

Website says April, but who really knows... Last time I called them about a month ago they said around 2 months, so it is looking good.

-C4-
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top