Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2005 11:52:53 PM EDT
Does anyone know the thread pitch for the flash suppressor on the AP4 .308?  Does anyone know of any other ones that fit or something to protect the threads?  I took mine off the other day and would like something shorter or just protect the threads and do without a flash suppressor.

Without the suppressor the gun felt like it swung better for me.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:53:20 AM EDT
[#1]
You can use tool dip from a hardware store-made for handles on plyers ect.., just use it carefully, or there is tool dip from J and L Industrial Supply , it requires heat to be melted first (around 300 Deg) then used. The stuff comes in blocks and you just dump it in a pot and heat it with a cover on. It has an oily film under the coating. That's key. We use it at work to protect endmills ect...
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:54:53 PM EDT
[#2]
The thread pitch is 5/8 x 24. Armalite A2 FS would fit.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top