Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2005 10:07:40 AM EDT
Due to the fact that we are in the direct path of Hurricane Rita, we will be closed for a little while until we can assess damage after everything settles down.  Plenty of provisions, water, ammo etc to take care of the crew, just need to see what develops.  We are expecting loss of electricity and not sure when we come back "on air".  Those of you with gear at our location, all has been moved to the safe except Spooky's upper, which mounted on my lower with 500 gr AGS-T on tap in the BOB .....

Gonna be a wild ride ...
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:40:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Stay safe Marty
Hope everything goes well for you

Perhaps new shirts are in order

Marty
dont
surf
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:50:24 AM EDT
[#2]
But I DO surf, heck, once had a little "issue" while windsurfing on the North Sea off the island of Schiermonnikoog, just about headed out to Shetland Islands .... (yes, it was a long frikkin swim when my diablo broke .... I was about 3 miles out)
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:54:47 AM EDT
[#3]
WUSS.

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:54:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Due to the fact that we are in the direct path of Hurricane Rita, we will be closed for a little while until we can assess damage after everything settles down.  Plenty of provisions, water, ammo etc to take care of the crew, just need to see what develops.  We are expecting loss of electricity and not sure when we come back "on air".  Those of you with gear at our location, all has been moved to the safe except Spooky's upper, which mounted on my lower with 500 gr AGS-T on tap in the BOB .....

Gonna be a wild ride ...

We're gonna need an after-action report if it gets used...  Stay safe and let us know if you need anything!

Spooky
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:57:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Keep your head down and your feet dry, and Good luck.  If my shirts come a little damp I reccon I know why.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:54:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Good luck and stay safe. Remember, it's dry in Portland and there's plenty of windsurfing this time of year.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:26:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Becareful and stay safe. And thanks for anwsering my question before I could ask it, ie what you were going to have handy as a looter shooter.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:56:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Marty you have my full blessing to shoot as many looters as you want. i've seen the hurricane path on accuweather.com and saw the exact location of your buisness at mapquest.com and needless to say it dosn't look good marty.

like everyone else has said..... be careful......... stay safe,
oh and nothing says "No Tresspassing" Like a freshly shot Looter dangling by his feet at the nearest lightpost outside your territory. All I'm saying is if it worked for generals in ancient wars, why can't it work for you?!?

stay safe buddy
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:25:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey Marty

this could potentially be a great oppertunity to test some of those sabbots....

Anyways Im going to keep checkin this to hear any updates from the TJ stronghold.  Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:00:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks to all for the support, turns out Rita had other plans and went North/East of here.  We were spared and didn't have to sit in traffic for 20 hours to move 2 miles .... Lots of wind, some branches down, lots of pine needles and cones.  No damage to us or any around us.  Lost power at 0300, regained at 1 PM, house didn't even get hot (TX in Sept that is unusual).  Grilling 16 lbs of fajita meat we let thaw in case of extended power outage, guess we're having a party .... Mrs had made load of frozen margarita's just  in case so we're all set ....

Need to see if day job facility took a hit.  We have 4 other facilities in Port Arthur area and may be requested to assist in getting those back to operating condition so not sure if I will be able to work in shop

Seeing what this glancing blow (not even a real blow) did, we were VERY lucky.  It also exposed weaknesses in EAP and BOB.

BTW, Looter Shooter not needed but was set up as follows:
16" HBAR with 40 and 55 TAP main, Black Hills with tracer (3-1) for back up
UPS with 40 Ranger SXTs
458 SOCOM 16" with EOTech, 300 gr Barnes X, 400 gr Solid, 500 gr AGS-T, last load is anti-vehicle
12 G with slugs and 00 stand by
357 Mag for Mrs (her carry gun)
500 Phantom bolt gun if needed
multiple other uppers in other calibers (338 Spectre, 6.8 SPC, 30 HRT, 7mm sCAR)

Going to set shop back up and get back to making stuff
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:34:54 PM EDT
[#11]
you didn't shoot anyone!?!?!?! aww cmon marty! theres gotta be someone out there you can volunteer as a terminal ballistics test subject.

but i am glad to hear your ok.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 1:52:27 AM EDT
[#12]

500 gr AGS-T, last load is anti-vehicle

Tell me more
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:49:35 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

500 gr AGS-T, last load is anti-vehicle

Tell me more

Speer 500 grain African Grand Slam - Tungsten Carbide Core.  Tested against pig steel, level IIIa vests and NIJ certified armor.  Will do wonders against engine blocks and windshield glass.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top