Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2005 7:32:11 PM EDT
Hey,I posted about the problems that I am having with my .308 in another thread. I got some advise on how to try to fix it but I guess it still has other problems.
When I first shot the gun I put 40 rnds though it. 20 winchester and 20pmc(or pcm?). Duing those 40 rnds it jammed up one way or another every shot. At first it would not go all the way in to battery, and when it did this it would be stuck and I had to pry the bolt open. Then it started chambering but it would not eject, I would have work the action by hand. Then it would eject but it would not strip the next rnd from the mag. Somtimes it would strip the round but it would not go in the chamber. I posted all of this in the other thread and someone told me to see if the gas block was loose. I checked it and it was loose so I made sure it was lined up and that it was tight. I also cleand everything. I shot it today and it is still doing the same thing it either will not eject or it will not go into battery or it will not feed. And when it does not go in to battery it gets stuck bad I spent 20 min tring to get the bolt back and ended up bending my ch. I am going to call DPMS tomorrow and see what they say. I really dont want to send it back but I may have to. Does any one have any thoughts? Here is whats on the gun if that helps: DPMS .308LR 24in ss bull barrel, ff railed for arm, JP trigger, 6 pos m4 stock. The guy I bought it from said DPMS installed everything on it. any info will be very helpfull. thankshaveJames
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:22:24 AM EDT
[#1]
ttt
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:21:48 PM EDT
[#2]
every company makes a lemon occasionally.  I don't want to irritate any of the Armalite crowd, but the AR-10 has had it's share of growing pains.  I had an issue with my DPMS 308 .....overgassing and a rough chamber.  (doesn't sound like your problem)

I've 'heard' that some of their new rifles needed feed ramp work, but no firsthand info about that.  Just give DPMS a call.  They will make it right.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:12:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Called DPMS today. Very nice people. They told me to send them my upper and mags. They even said they would replace my ch under warrenty even though I am the one who bent it. They are going to fix every thing for free. While they have it there I am getting the upper replaced with one with a foward assist, and they are going to flute and tefflon coat my barrel. I have had 3 other DPMS rifles and this the first itme I have had to call them about anything, but I am very happy with how they are handling it.  I will let yall know how it turns out.James
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:38:29 AM EDT
[#4]
James,

They will take good care of you, my 24" LR upper had extraction problems and the FP hole in the bolt face was off center from the main boring and bolt face, they sent me a UPS sticker to ship it to them on their account, replaced the bolt and firing pin and shipped it back all within 2 weeks and not a penny out of my pocket. I have bought parts from them for years and this is the only problem I have had, I rate their customer support at 110%

Jeff
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top