Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2005 1:02:09 PM EDT
I have a few boxes 325gr hp  I want to go hunting for deer this year is this a good round to take down a deer within 150yards? I can get the 334 fp fmj but I would rather use what I already have Please tell me what you thank   thanks for your time peace
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:47:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I would say that it should work just fine , the 325gr hp gives me 1" groups at 100yd . Don't know about expansion though .
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:57:06 AM EDT
[#2]
+1.... should work fine.
A good hit in the shoulder or in the heart/lungs area should do the trick.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:43:49 AM EDT
[#3]
all of the hunting reviews in the past with the beowulf steered me into the 325gr.hp

its also really accurate
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:17:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I've used the 325 with great success on whitetails and use the 335 on wild hogs. Either will serve you well.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 12:51:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone had privilege of shooting all the beuwolf rounds? What bullet has a tighter group shot? I been shoot nothing but 325gr hp`s. Does anyone got the beowolf sighted for 325gr hp? If so how are the other rounds how much are they off center with your rectical like what are the other rounds doing? are they flying more to the left are right or higher are lower? How much scope adjustments do you have to make useing the other rounds?    Sorry If what I am saying is all clutered up and not make sence thats me :)
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 1:26:40 PM EDT
[#6]
i shoot irons with my beowulf and i have shot 325hps and 400sp

the 400 definately kicks a lot harder but accuracy wise is close.

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top