Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2005 5:41:49 AM EDT
Has anybody tried to load and use  a Beta Mag with 458 Socom?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:52:30 AM EDT
[#1]
The drums of the beta mag have cams designed to grip the diameter of the .223 round.  The 458 would screw them all up.  The MWG 90 rounder might work, though; I don't know if it grips the individual rounds or not.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:02:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Yea the beta won't work because they are single stack in the drums , but I think it was VTDefender that used a 90rd MWG with 36rd's of beowulf with no problems . So I would  think that .458 would have a good chance of working in them . Just a thought .
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:06:33 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yea the beta won't work because they are single stack in the drums , but I think it was VTDefender that used a 90rd MWG with 36rd's of beowulf with no problems . So I would  think that .458 would have a good chance of working in them . Just a thought .

something i was about to suggest
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top