Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2005 8:45:19 PM EDT
Are parts interchangeable like on the AR-15 platform.  I was under the impression that 308 AR were built to a mil spec but it seems the more I read there are differences between brands.  I would love to add a 308 to the collection but want to build it like my AR15.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:38:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I think the general answer you are looking for is "no". There is no such thing as a mill spec AR-15 (anymore) and .308s generally stray even further. The military DOES use AR-10s & SR-25s and those parts don't mesh.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:56:39 PM EDT
[#2]
So would it be better to start a build with a Armalite or DPMS?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:24:52 AM EDT
[#3]
The ArmaLite AR10 is the .308 rifle most similar to AR15s.  There are only three parts in the lower that are not interchangeable.

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top