Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/29/2005 10:32:27 AM EDT
buried in my FIRE precision rifle course review: ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=13&t=373739

It occured to me that some folks on this board might find this review of some interest.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:59:17 AM EDT
[#1]
good info!  Thanks for posting!

(I also believe the DPMS chambers are tight)
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:33:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool beans! Great writeup, and very informative.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:26:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Glad you found that, it's the only bad write-up I have seen on the DPMS LRs clears up the too good to be true paranoia. I was begining to think the other AR 308s were garbage in comparison with all the complaints I see, or that all the DPMS stuff was fanboy and marketing BS.

Nice read on other counts as well.

I wonder if he'll bring an unproven rifle to a class again?

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:42:16 AM EDT
[#4]

My friend had the rifle for a ~year, but had little time leading up to the class to wring it out. To be honest, I was surprised as I also have read mostly very good reviews on the DPMS. I was VERY interested in comparing its performance to my $R-25. I suspect this rifles performance is not the norm, or we would have been reading more bad reviews. No company bats a 1,000. Even KAC. Or Leupold. I still think his optic might have issues as well.

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:20:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice review!

Weird on the optic/primer issue.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top