Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2004 9:02:37 AM EDT
People don't seem to know what "AR Variants" means, it sounds like it could be M4 vs SPR vs Varminter, etc.

Why not change it to something more descriptive such as "Alternative AR-15 Calibers"?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:43:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I was thinking something more along the lines of "SHIVAN and Gaijin's Love Shack-don't ask, don't tell, or they'll shoot you. Or yell at each other. A lot."
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:06:05 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I was thinking something more along the lines of "SHIVAN and Gaijin's Love Shack-don't ask, don't tell, or they'll shoot you. Or yell at each other. A lot."

ed's not going to like that
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 1:15:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

What's really ironic is posting in here is but a fraction of a fraction of my posting on this site.  I try to waste no more than 2 posts per day on dum-dum.

On topic:

I believe the subtitle covers the forum description.  Or maybe I'm not reading it right.

AR Variants
 308s, 50s, and more!

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:14:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
On topic:

I believe the subtitle covers the forum description.  Or maybe I'm not reading it right.

AR Variants
 308s, 50s, and more!

It does, but most people have the attention span of a gnat and never get to the small print

We need a flashy neon sign that says "6.8 SPC questions go here", and have a scantily clad chick with big hooters pointing at the link

Anyway, it was just a selfish suggestion because it seems that most of the alternative caliber threads (which I am interested in) end up in either the main ar-15 section or in "rifles, uppers, lowers etc"
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:22:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm gonna have to agree with Griz on the issue, but I think it is more a question of the mods in the other forums moving those 6.8 and so forth posts to THIS forum.  I'm not trying to flame any mods or say that I could do a better job, but it seems like alot of variant caliber posts can be found in general forums.  

I come to this forum to find info sometimes and end up finding what I was looking for in the General Discussion board.

Just my .02
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:34:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'm gonna have to agree with Griz

You're just agreeing with me because you want to fondle my Beowulf this weekend
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:47:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

You're just agreeing with me because you want to fondle my Beowulf this weekend

OK...you got me  

Seriously...I do agree that this forum would be filled with more useful information that pertains to its title if certain threads were moved and people posted in the right forum in the first place.

BTW....are you goin to the range this weekend??

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:34:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
On topic:

AR Variants
 308s, 50s, and more!

It does, but most people have the attention span of a gnat and never get to the small print

We need a flashy neon sign that says "6.8 SPC questions go here", and have a scantily clad chick with big hooters pointing at the link

Anyway, it was just a selfish suggestion because it seems that most of the alternative caliber threads (which I am interested in) end up in either the main ar-15 section or in "rifles, uppers, lowers etc"

You know, I agree....

Suggestions?  I don't think the original one will flow.......anything else?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:50:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
People don't seem to know what "AR Variants" means, it sounds like it could be M4 vs SPR vs Varminter, etc.

Why not change it to something more descriptive such as "Alternative AR-15 Calibers"?

I vote for AHA - ArmaLite Haters Anonymous

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:56:19 AM EDT
[#10]
AHA! I have an idea! How about  "RARE, AOE"... "Reliable Autoloading RiflEs, ArmaLites Obviously Excluded?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:12:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
AHA! I have an idea! How about  "RARE, AOE"... "Reliable Autoloading RiflEs, ArmaLites Obviously Excluded?

At least make up something catchy.....
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 10:04:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Well not trying to isolate the grendel and 6.8 owners or interest why not simply

Big Bore Ar Variants
Home of the large caliber AR-15's

And have a section dedicated to the other calibers such as the Grendel and 6.8 maybe ?
That way there could be a forum dedicated to the 243's 6.8's and the other smaller variants with out  the readers having to sift through posts about the the 458's 475's and 50 beowulfs.

Maybe not make immediate individual forums for each one yet but as the interest and topics grow branch them off into seperate forums or create tacked threads for each of the calibers as more detailed info becomes available like is happening with the 458 and the beowulf.

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 11:00:03 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Maybe not make immediate individual forums for each one yet but as the interest and topics grow branch them off into seperate forums or create tacked threads for each of the calibers as more detailed info becomes available like is happening with the 458 and the beowulf.

You've already tapped in to the reasoning for making THIS forum.  The problem was there already are hundreds and hundreds of Armalite AR10 and AR180 {Howa/Armalite/etc} owners that it kind of needed a separate forum.

At this point there might not be 500 hundred total owners of ALL alternate calibers or makers or alternate calibered weapons.

This is likely the INTERIM solution to getting new forums....
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:40:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Well to be honest, It doesn't bother me at all seeing all the variants in here.
Just though I'd throw out a title.
Some of these calibers I really didn't even know existed or hadn't heard of.

Really, I'm happy with it the way it is.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:28:46 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

That sounds so gay!

How about BIG TOYS THAT GO BOOM! or BOOMERS

You will have to excuse me, kind of bored today.

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:54:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Since we are dealing with anything from 17 Remington, 19 Calhoun, 204 Ruger, through 6x45, 7 BR, 7.62 x 39, 338 Spectre (shameless plug) up to 458, 499 and .500 ...

And "alternative" sounds like it was a second choice (because we couldn't get the other, the venerable .223, or something like that)

How about Non-223 AR-15s ?
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top