Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2004 6:37:16 PM EDT
Anybody have a link to a good deal on mags ??? What would you guy's consider a fair price ???
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:27:32 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Anybody have a link to a good deal on mags ??? What would you guy's consider a fair price ???

Here's where I bought mine CDNN

I bought 10 for $8.99, then bought 10 more when they went on sale for $7.99.

All 20 work great in my BAR-10.  One had a high locking lug which made it difficult to release with the mag release - after I filed it down slightly, it works fine.

I know there are cheaper FAL mags out there, but these are brand new, in perfect shape, and work well.  After all, less than $10 each is still a bargain IMHO.

HTH
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:46:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Gaijin, Thanks for the link, that looks like a good deal to me...I'm going to buy a couple and see how Mr. Bushy likes them...
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:43:48 AM EDT
[#3]
www.dsarms.com

Used Steyr metric magazines for $5, and they sent me new replacement springs for free.  Just don't buy them all up, I want a few more.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:03:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Just my $0.02, but it seems foolish to save a couple of bucks on mags ($5 vs. $9) which are going to be used in a $1,500+ gun.

For $9 you get a brand new quality mag.  $9!

For $5 you get a used (abused) mag that may or may NOT work reliably.

Just step back and think a moment before buying used (abused?) mags.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:14:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here's where I bought mine CDNN

I bought 10 for $8.99, then bought 10 more when they went on sale for $7.99.

All 20 work great in my BAR-10.  One had a high locking lug which made it difficult to release with the mag release - after I filed it down slightly, it works fine.

I know there are cheaper FAL mags out there, but these are brand new, in perfect shape, and work well.  After all, less than $10 each is still a bargain IMHO.

HTH

The big brown truck brought mine today, hopefully I will be able to test them this weekend...
-Thanks again for the link...
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:12:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Just my $0.02, but it seems foolish to save a couple of bucks on mags ($5 vs. $9) which are going to be used in a $1,500+ gun.

Mags have finish wear, but are in really good shape otherwise, definately not abused.  Not worth spending 40% more on the new mags IMO.  One of the gun magazines, GWLE maybe, even said that DSA would replace mags that don't work.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:51:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mags have finish wear, but are in really good shape otherwise, definately not abused.  Not worth spending 40% more on the new mags IMO.  One of the gun magazines, GWLE maybe, even said that DSA would replace mags that don't work.

Well, to each his own.

Just don't bitch and moan about rifle performance with crap mags.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:45:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Finally was able to test them out today, and no problems to report with Remy Core Lokts or 168gr handloads, so I ordered five more this afternoon... Thanks again for the link...
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:43:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I agree totally with  first Gaijin's comment.

Dont cut cost ,or you will have headaches down the road. If some has a mag loaded for a period of time,the spring tension will be lost even if the mag only been used five times. Just Get a new own from a repetable company,and you dont have to thing twice. The only thing used going in my 2000.00 dollar gun, is going to be used by only me.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:47:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I agree ,dont cut cost ,or you will have headaches down the road. I some has a mag loaded for a period of time,the spring tension will be lost even if the mag only been used five times. Just Get a new own from a repetable company,and you dont have to thing twice. The only thing used going in my 2000.00 dollar gun, is going to be used by only me.

WTF?
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top