Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2004 6:45:04 PM EDT
I was wondering if I could ask a small question.

The thing is that here in Iceland gun laws make semi/full auto rifles illegal, so my question is this, are there any AR type rifles out there that are bolt action?

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:00:07 PM EDT
[#1]
There are pump action ARs out there.  Exactly who has them I can't remember.  I am sure somebody here knows.  Welcome to the board.  So when are you getting out of Iceland?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:37:16 AM EDT
[#2]
DPMS has them.  Panther Pump Rifle
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:38:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:14:53 PM EDT
[#4]
SHIVAN, you should be able to help more than that, think along the lines of your Whisper we are building.

Blindur -  Not sure if this would be legal for your location:  The semi-auto operation of the AR is based on the gas system.  So remove the gas system, and you remove the semi auto.  See if you can get a barrel WITHOUT gas port.  Simply install it and you have a straight pull bolt action, similar to the K31 Schmidt-Rubin.  Now, the ergonomics are less than ideal, and you could consider using a side-charging upper receiver.  This places the ergonomics more in line with the FN/FAL and the G3.  It works and requires minimal changes to the original system.

Marty
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:14:15 PM EDT
[#5]
the only bolt action variant i know of is the Ferret 50, which is chambere din the 'ol "Ma duce" (.50 Browning) but a .50 BMG mignt not be what you were thinking of...
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 3:02:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't know if this fits your bill, but check this out href=www.mcbrosrifles.com/tubb_2000.htm

There are also someone in the UK building "manually repeated" AR rifles with both pump actions and left side charging handles, but I just can't remember the name of the company. Maybe someone else can help?
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:38:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Don't know if this fits your bill, but check this out

www.mcbrosrifles.com/tubb_2000.htm

There are also someone in the UK building "manually repeated" AR rifles with both pump actions and left side charging handles, but I just can't remember the name of the company. Maybe someone else can help?

The Cobb is essentially what I mentioned in my post above, an AR with no gas port and side charging handle.  The Tubb is an evolution of the AR and quite possibly the sweetest mag fed 223 bolt gun.  Dave Tubb knew what he was building, but it is not really an AR any more ...

The UK company is Southern Gun Company www.southern-gun.co.uk  Check out their 9mm LEVER action AR
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top