Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2017 12:51:17 PM EDT
Yeah, I'm doing a mk18 INSPIRED build.  Emphasis put on the inspired, because I don't have the budget to do a true clone.  I'm working on sourcing a decent 10.3" barrel, but I can't find decent priced 9.5" handguards.  I am going for more of a Mod1 look, so no A2 FSB is preferred.  I'm also going to Form 1 a suppressor to use with a GA brake. Anybody have any thoughts for some rails that don't cost $550 from DD, and would allow me to mount a suppressor over a brake?

I'm also not entirely opposed to using a 10.5" barrel and 10" rails if it'll still allow a proper mating of a suppressor.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:02:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Yeah, I'm doing a mk18 INSPIRED build.  Emphasis put on the inspired, because I don't have the budget to do a true clone.  I'm working on sourcing a decent 10.3" barrel, but I can't find decent priced 9.5" handguards.  I am going for more of a Mod1 look, so no A2 FSB is preferred.  I'm also going to Form 1 a suppressor to use with a GA brake. Anybody have any thoughts for some rails that don't cost $550 from DD, and would allow me to mount a suppressor over a brake?

I'm also not entirely opposed to using a 10.5" barrel and 10" rails if it'll still allow a proper mating of a suppressor.
View Quote

Easiest/closest would seem to be a DDM4 in 10" (actual length: 10.06"), then figuring out how short you can go with the barrel (something short just shy of 11", I would guess.)

I have only skimmed it, but check out this thread, if you haven't already.  Might give you some ideas.

Edit: I find that the original 10" Lite Rail with the 6-bolt lockup (as opposed to 4-bolt lockup on later-generation Lite Rails and DDM4 Rails) has the closest look:

The biggest difference is the height of the 6 o'clock rail (taller on the Lite Rail than on the Mk18.)  The newest Lite III/DDM4 has the shorter 6 o'clock, but is also narrower and has the 4-bolt lockup.  It's probably the best design, but the 6-bolt of the Mk18 and Lite Rail just looks tougher ("beefier").
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:35:26 PM EDT
[#2]
IM'ed you
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 3:23:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the DD rails but the Larue rails are also nice.  Larue makes a 9in and 10in quad rail that is somewhat narrow.  I have a 11in Larue barrel I sed with a 12in barrel it's its perfect.  You will need a barrel that is at least .700-1.00in longer than the rail oif you want the rail to end right before the shoulder of the muzzle device.  You would need a 10.7-11 barrel to clear a 10in handguard if it's a rifle caliber.  Pistol caliber barely measurements are different.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:43:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Get a geissele 9.5 inch rail in DDC. You're welcome.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:31:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get a geissele 9.5 inch rail in DDC. You're welcome.
View Quote
+1

G Rail FTW
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:10:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Nvmd, saw u wanted quad rail
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top