Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2015 9:15:10 PM EDT
I have this handguard installed on my AR

http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=450

I want to put a rail section on the bottom of the handguard, i know midwest sells 4.5" rail sections. I am wondering if i have to buy the midwest brand rail sections or if any brand will work? Can i put magpul moe rail sections on?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:31:44 PM EDT
[#1]
If that's the rail you own you have to purchase that specific rail section.  MI gen2 ss-series rail section.

Didn't it come with three section?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:37:26 PM EDT
[#2]
The MI rails are drilled and tapped at 3, 6, and 9 O'clock positions. You could install any rail section that has the same thread and pitch mounting screws, and the same radius of curvature as the hand guard. And you can mount rail sections with the same radius, and screw/threaded washer as long as it all fits under the rail. As to MOE rails sections specifically, I can only suggest you try the fit by visiting your LGS and eyeballing it. I will try to remember to check it out for you when I get back to work Wednesday.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:39:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have this handguard installed on my AR

http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=450

I want to put a rail section on the bottom of the handguard, i know midwest sells 4.5" rail sections. I am wondering if i have to buy the midwest brand rail sections or if any brand will work? Can i put magpul moe rail sections on?
View Quote

Your handguard should have come with 3 rail sections.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:49:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks appreciate it 40-40

It did come with three small 2.5" rail sections, i need more space on the bottom rail.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:07:41 PM EDT
[#5]
If you don't need one of the three elsewhere you could put two in a row......................
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:07:21 PM EDT
[#6]
still need more room haha
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:15:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the exact model on order and in my research on that hand guard I found that MI just came out with a 4.5 rail section for that specific hand guard.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top