Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2013 4:26:16 AM EDT
I saw the H&K 416C PDW small stock a few years back that was amazingly cool it was so small, plus it looked cool too. I don't think they ever released the gun though, did they? Anyway I saw the NEAG version of a similar stock. I also see it was mentioned here a few years ago, there was also some controversy about who designed it. NEAG is a Canadian company.

Talk about making the AR smaller, this stock is very interesting. It reminds me a little of the M231 stock and that was obviously taken from the M3 grease gun, a weapon I carried while in the Army.

Does anybody have any info about it? Does anybody sell it yet in the USA? I found some things but no for sale for this price advertisements, just some vague thing about a pre-order. There is one place in Canada that sells it. Included is a modified bolt carrier. That's why I am asking if anybody has one or has used one. Once you start having to use a modified bolt carrier I wonder about function.

http://www.theammosource.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14_288_289&products_id=2177
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:09:21 AM EDT
[#1]
you can order directly from them , it's not a firearm just a part.  i've been using one and have had no function issue's with 5.56 or 300blk.  there are a few threads about the stock on here already.  Troy uses these stocks on their trunk monkey guns , if you're looking for a complete gun check them out , they're pretty nice

here's my NEA stocked lower with a 7" upper

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:19:33 AM EDT
[#2]
They do look great for a SBR. Did you use their bolt carrier too?

It seems they offer the best ultra compact stock to make the best weapon for close quarters. Believe me I know about having rifles too big, you cannot get a M16 out from a M113 drivers hatch, that's why they issued us M3 grease guns in HQ for the M577 drivers. If you can't have a SBR that would shorten the rifle a lot. If I can't get a SBR I am thinking of a 14.7/14.5 barrel with a pinned FS and this stock. I wondered  about the whys of a 14.5 barrel until there was a thread explaining it and it made sense. That should make for a very compact rifle indeed.

I keep saying all I want is 1 or 2 ARs and I can think of a lot more for different scenarios, like one for the range, one for home defense, one for longer range shooting and so on specifically set up for that.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:53:28 AM EDT
[#3]
yes the bolt carrier comes with the set up as does a cut down carbine spring.  i had to cut an additional 2 coils off the recoil spring to make it lock back on an empty mag.  

here's a pic of the bolt carrier

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 1:05:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 5:59:43 PM EDT
[#5]
How much shorter collapsed is it than a regular M4 stock?
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 9:39:59 PM EDT
[#6]
i don't know , i haven't measured it.  here it is collapsed next to an vltor mod stock and an lmt sopmod , the sopmod isn't fully collapsed though.  note the difference in grip height.  as pictured with the 7" upper and stock collapsed it is just under 21"

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 3:25:10 AM EDT
[#7]
I looked for the Troy trunk monkey and could not find one.

That stock does shorten the overall length a great deal in the scheme of things.

Even with a pinned 14.5/14.7 barrel the overall length would be very short. The weapon would be compact too. I'm surprised I don't see more of them, I guess the price is prohibitive.

Maybe people think it looks silly without the SBR upper. Who care about looks, form follows function. Although looks do play a part, they are not the primary concern for me. Yes I love the Cerakoted stuff and see no reason not to do it but the overall design based on trying to accomplish something is first. If you want to make a rifle that is short and compact yet you are unable to buy a SBR or do not want to wait what looks like a year now this is the way to go.

Hey thanks for the pictures that helped make up my mind.

First purchase is a DD M4V5, then I build some type of shorty lower with the NEA stock and a built upper. Hopefully when I am ready to purchase some things will have gone back to almost normal. I am hoping companies are ramping up more production and prices drop especially ammo. What's the sense in having some awesome rifles without enough ammo to shoot them.

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 8:41:47 PM EDT
[#8]
check out troy in the industry section or google troy at shot show 2013
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top