Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2012 8:55:47 PM EDT
Who makes a standard, 20", HBAR upper, chrome lined, with 1/8th or 1/7th twist, With a threaded barrel?

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:09:17 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Who makes a standard, 20", HBAR upper, chrome lined, with 1/8th or 1/7th twist?  

HBAR? Any reason for it?

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:20:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Personal preference.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:36:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Personal preference.

The reason I asked is because most of the 7" twist C/L 20" barrels are A2/A4 profile.

What you are asking for is a niche. You would be more likely to find a SS 20" HBAR.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:41:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah I know
The only thing I can find is a colt HBAR match but it is hard to find just the upper. The stainless steel barrel has half the life span of a of the chrome lined HBAR.(not that I think I will ever achieve this but better to be safe than sorry)

Edit: To add to that pkfirarms was selling some rock river uppers with the specs I'm looking for in 2008 but it appears no one is making what I am looking for now.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Personal preference.

The reason I asked is because most of the 7" twist C/L 20" barrels are A2/A4 profile.
What you are asking for is a niche. You would be more likely to find a SS 20" HBAR.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:47:11 PM EDT
[#5]
With the SS barrel, you could always call it a SAM-R, or DMR.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 11:45:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Yankee Hills has a chrome lined threaded 1/7 20" HBAR.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:41:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd try to find a Colt HBAR upper on the used market.  They do come up and worth the wait.

VERY accurate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top