Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2010 11:50:52 AM EDT
I have an LMT upper assembly. I bought a Bravo Company charging handle with the big latch. I need a bolt carrier group.  I was going to buy an LMT BCG to match the rifle but I started reading reviews on the Daniels and Bravo company BCG's and was impressed.  Does it really make any difference which BCG I get?  Is one any better than the other?  User reviews for all three were impressive.  I am open to suggestions. Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/26/2010 1:48:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Out of the three mentioned, it wouldn't make much difference.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:39:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Just get a tried and true BCG from a repeatable company that has a good warranty.  

And grease that sucker up with high temp axle grease not oil like rem-oil.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:19:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Any good bolt/carrier should be fine. LMT bolts are said to have undercut lugs, which is a feature some find desireable. It is said to make cycling/extraction more reliable or something like that. I don't know much detail about this, though.

About 1-2 years ago, and maybe more recently, the LMT bolt carriers were being produced with a gas key that appeared to some to be MIM (metal injection molding) or some similar process. There were a number of threads where this issue was vigorously discussed back and forth. I bought a complete LMT BCG around that time and the gas key didn't look like one of those. The alleged MIM or whatever it is keys have circle-shaped injection marks on the top of the key. Someone else may come along and give more details about this and maybe post pics of what I'm talking about.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:44:04 AM EDT
[#4]
buy any of the three by price. i have some of all three, they are all quality. i also have one of the MIM key LMT carriers, LMT said they tested them to hell and back and thats good enough for me. they put melonite inide the key, instead of chrome, and folks went off the deep end. there is not any strain on the key, so MIM appears to be a moot point to me.again, if LMTs engineers say it's GTG, thats plenty good enough for me. -who am i to second-guess them?????––-YMMV
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:20:16 PM EDT
[#5]
All those three BCG that you mentioned are all pretty good from member's reviews, I've got two of them which is the BCM and an older (non MIM gas key) LMT both with M16 auto type carriers.

I've been using my BCM and LMT BCG for several years without any issues, the only modification I did on them for better reliability is to install the BCM extractor upgrade kit on my BCG on my carbine gas system, and the ones on my midlength and rifle gas system the mil-spec extractor O-ring are all they need.

Also take a look at Denny's Guns-GTS/ Rainier Arms Thunder Bolt which also are pretty good according to some members.

Thunder Bolt BCG at the New AR Products forum - link

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top