Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2009 4:54:43 PM EDT
I have a question for the ARFCOM brain trust.
I have a Bushmaster XM15-E2S that I purchased new in 2003.
It came with the Mini Y comp.
When I'm @ the range I have the loudest AR out there.  
When firing prone it blows all kinds of dirt and crap back in my face.
Is it possible/legal to have this comp removed and replaced with something that will keep it at legal length or am I better off getting a new upper?

Thanks in advance.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:05:13 PM EDT
[#1]
It's perfectly legal to have the mini-y comp replaced.  As long as your jurisdiction allowed the mini-y comp, then you can put on another comp, like a cooley or any other just as well.  Just double check your local laws about Flash hiders as opposed to comps before you put anything other than a comp on it.

As far as the cost effectiveness of having the work done as opposed to selling it and buying another one, it depends on if you can find someone to buy yours and what you can find to replace it.

I had a bushmaster 14.5 with the mini-y comp and I just sold the entire upper, took the $40 loss from what I paid for it and then bought a different upper to replace it.  There was no way I was going to be able to buy a replacement comp, have the mini-y removed, the new one put on and welded for under $40.

So for me it was more cost effective to sell and replace.

Best of luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top