Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2008 2:52:23 PM EDT
I am looking to put a 13" or longer rail on my 16" AR. I am looking at the troy MRF-RX and the LaRue 13.2", but know there are others out there. I really don't like the YHM rails, and supposedly they are more round than the standard oval, but I don't know.

I am looking to spend about $300 any suggestions and PICTURES would be awesome!
Thanks

Ed
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 3:13:17 PM EDT
[#1]
save a little more and buy a KAC URX !!!
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 3:19:53 PM EDT
[#2]
For that length I think your only options are LaRue Tactical, Daniel Defense and Troy.

I have Troy in the past and they are good quality rails that are very easy and fast to install and they lock down solid.  I just don't like the two piece design.  The design isn't a bad thing, I just don't prefer it.

Every AR I own now wears a LaRue Tactical rail.

I don't own a Daniel Defense but I have never heard a complaint about them.  

LaRue And Daniel Defense are probably the two best rails you can buy.   Some of the Daniel Defense give the "appearance" of a monolithic top rail I believe and LT rails do not, if that matters to you.

I always recommend LaRue but that is because I am kind of a LT junkie.

I don't have any experience USING YHM rails but I do own one.  After reading all the YHM SUCKS and YHM IS GREAT posts on here I ordered one just to see what all the difference in opinion is about.  I tossed my YHM rifle length light weight in the box of spare parts after about five minutes of looking at it.  Who knows, it might perform well but not on an AR of mine.  If they let it out of the shop looking like mine did, that alone tell me something about their QC and a TD VFG wouldn't fit on it and an ACE LTD sling adapter would not fit either, both of which fit the LaRue and Troy rails perfectly.  And YHM is round, not oval if that matters.

For the $300 your looking to spend, add 29 bucks to it and get the LT 13.2.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 3:20:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
save a little more and buy a KAC URX !!!

13" or longer?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top