Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2008 10:25:00 AM EDT
Guys,
Hi! My first post.
Just got done putting together my first AR15 in republic of Kalifornia!
I am now a proud owner of a carbine with Sabre Defence 16" barrel ,
CMT upper & double Star Lower.

This is a fixed stock rifle. My question is that If I get  a H2 buffer,
Is it even possible to install it on a regular fixed stock? Being so new
to the whole AR scene, I am still learning a few things.
If not, is there something that can be done to accommodate it in a fixed stock? I know PKirearms( awesome folks) have a spacer available for  RRA 9mm buffer.
I am not sure if something similar can be done in my case to a H2.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:28:29 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Guys,
Hi! My first post.
Just got done putting together my first AR15 in republic of Kalifornia!
I am now a proud owner of a carbine with Sabre Defence 16" barrel ,
CMT upper & double Star Lower.

This is a fixed stock rifle. My question is that If I get  a H2 buffer,
Is it even possible to install it on a regular fixed stock? Being so new
to the whole AR scene, I am still learning a few things.
If not, is there something that can be done to accommodate it in a fixed stock? I know PKirearms( awesome folks) have a spacer available for  RRA 9mm buffer.
I am not sure if something similar can be done in my case to a H2.

What length is your fixed stock?

A1/A2, or carbine?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:07:39 AM EDT
[#2]
The rifle buffer weighs 5.0 oz.

The 9mm buffer weighs 5.2oz.

The H2 buffer weighs 4.4 oz.

These weights are all from PK's web site.

If you have a rifle length buffer tube, there is really no reason to drop the weight of the buffer down. Your rifle will be incredibly reliable with a rifle buffer and a 16" carbine barrel. It will also shoot a little smoother and have a little less felt recoil. Why waste the money?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:13:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Guys , Hi.that was quick. Its a.......... A2 fixed stock.
Also, , the current buffer that I have, why does it rattle?????
So there is no way to put this H2 in a fixed stock???
I guess if not, I should just sell it for 30.00 shipped
on Calguns. But I hope someone here comes up with a solution.

Thanx.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:14:54 AM EDT
[#4]
height=8
Quoted:
The rifle buffer weighs 5.0 oz.

The 9mm buffer weighs 5.2oz.

The H2 buffer weighs 4.4 oz.

These weights are all from PK's web site.

If you have a rifle length buffer tube, there is really no reason to drop the weight of the buffer down. Your rifle will be incredibly reliable with a rifle buffer and a 16" carbine barrel. It will also shoot a little smoother and have a little less felt recoil. Why waste the money?

I know.................. but I am learning .............and the thing is, I already paid for it and i should have it tomorrow .........
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:17:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Sell it on EE.

And I'm not saying you can't, the 9mm spacer will work. There just really isn't a reason to do it.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:24:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Your buffer rattles because it absorbs some of the recoil forces, like a dead blow hammer.

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:50:41 AM EDT
[#7]
height=8
Quoted:
Sell it on EE.

And I'm not saying you can't, the 9mm spacer will work. There just really isn't a reason to do it.

Whats EE?
But you are saying the 9mm spacer would work just fine though, but it wont make a difference? alternately, i can later buy a collapsible stock ( kinda barebone) just buy  the coli spring and install the h2 I guess......

Thanks.

PS. I heard there is a way to make  the regular buffer " heavy". and that its a tad bit  pain to do it. Is that true?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:53:43 AM EDT
[#8]
height=8
Quoted:
Your buffer rattles because it absorbs some of the recoil forces, like a dead blow hammer.

i42.photobucket.com/albums/e303/taylorwso/buffer-construction.jpg

RFB, thanks for this info. Now I know something I did not  and I dont have to open up the buffer to see what goes in there!!!!! So basically, teh standard rifle buffer is supposed to make that noise if you hold the fixed stock and shake it around , so to speak?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:55:06 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sell it on EE.

Whats EE?
Equipment Exchange

But you are saying the 9mm spacer would work just fine though, but it wont make a difference?
Very little difference
alternately, i can later buy a collapsible stock ( kinda barebone) just buy  the coli spring and install the h2 I guess......
You can do that too.

Thanks.

PS. I heard there is a way to make  the regular buffer " heavy". and that its a tad bit  pain to do it. Is that true?
I've heard about it but never looked into it.

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:55:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 12:31:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks, R50!
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 2:24:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
So basically, teh standard rifle buffer is supposed to make that noise if you hold the fixed stock and shake it around , so to speak?

Yes, it is normal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top