Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2008 1:23:40 PM EDT
What is the cheaper way to buying a AR15 Rifle? Should i just go buy the full Rifle or buy it from the upper and lower? I what to spend about maybe $500 on the Rifle, Friend got his for $600.

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:35:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know of any AR that you could get for $600, let alone $500.  Olympic Arms would be the cheapest around that I know of.  You get what you pay for, but if that's all you got.  That's understandable.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 2:18:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Ya he got a Olympic Arms AR15 $600 it looks real nice, he said it shoots good too.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:09:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I think I would check around local places for a used one.  $500 is really pushing the limits on what you can find though.  CMMG used to have some for about that in their bargin bin, but guess they ran out.  You may be able to get fairly close if you bought a kit from someone like J&T or Del-Ton (among many others, but those were the first to come to my head).  You'd only then have to find a stripped lower, which is another $100-150 usually, so even then you're in the $600+ range.  

I think your best bet is to either find someone desperate for some cash and/or someone that doesn't know its value.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:14:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What is the cheaper way to buying a AR15 Rifle? Should i just go buy the full Rifle or buy it from the upper and lower? I what to spend about maybe $500 on the Rifle, Friend got his for $600.

You don't want to cheap out on a rifle unless someone's trying to offload one for a lot less than what they paid for it. That happens but it won't last long for sale. I've got an Oly & it cost me more than that. Heck, I have uppers alone that cost more than that. Don't get me wrong, if I could find a good quality, complete factory new rifle for that price I'd prolly buy it but there's not a good chance of that happening.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:06:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I got myself a Mega lower and a Stag flat-top M4 upper for around 730 buckaroos.  ColemanTyler.com for the lower and AR15sales.com for the upper.  Both are high quality parts and came with some extras (non-molly chrome barrel, rear flip sight, RRA trigger, collapsible stock, M4 barrel).  $600 bucks for a quality, but very basic AR15 is possible... but why not spend a little extra and get a little extra?
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:19:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Model 1 Sales has AR15 kits for around $450 if I am not mistaken, but then you need to buy a stripped lower. Which can be had for $99. So I guess you could pick one up for around $550-$600, but like someone else said, you get what you pay for. Look in the EE, I think Double Star go for $699 shipped. I would just hold out for that.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:37:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I don't know of any AR that you could get for $600, let alone $500.  Olympic Arms would be the cheapest around that I know of.  You get what you pay for, but if that's all you got.  That's understandable.

nothing wrong with Oly arms i've had one for 12 yrs now it's been a decent rifle
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:02:46 PM EDT
[#8]
If you do it right you can do a kit for about $450 or so and a lower for around a $100 so somewheres in the range of $600 you can have one.  

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:13:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

$650 in hand for my Oly K16. I'm happy so far. I think their basic carbine is a bit less but used or getting incredible deals are probably the only way you are going to find a complete setup that cheap. Think rough but functional...
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:58:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Build it yourself.  Its cheaper and you can do what you want.  
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 5:50:36 AM EDT
[#11]
you can buy a rifle kit fron Del-Ton for$475.00 less stripped lower.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top