Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2008 6:04:00 PM EDT
I'm looking into getting some rail covers for my AR15 after installing an MI tactical handgaurd.  I'm having a hard time finding images of ARs with black Magpul XTs or pretty much any covers.  I've seen some images on these forums, but nobody ever mentions what their rail covers are.  I'm thinking about two Magpul XTs on the sides and those Magpul ladder covers on the tops and bottoms (with a vertical grip).  Or just a four-way XT or four-way ladder... all black... when I'm not using the vertical grip.  I'm having a hard time finding out what that would look like exactly.

All the images I find on the magpul XTs are just the magpul stock images that only show the very front of the weapon rather than the entire picture.  I do see a lot of the ProMag style covers all over the place though.  I'm really interested in the Magpul XT covers... especially after getting some PMags and dreaming about a UBR.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:29:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you looked at the XTM units? They're cheaper, tougher and easier to install. The black ones are available now.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:19:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup... been reading up on them as well.  Is that what you would recommend?  Wish they just had some review site that had all the rail covers and reviews for them... pictures and everything.  That would be nice.  Hehe.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:10:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Link

Another Link

I like the XT panels but the new XTMs look very good.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:44:21 PM EDT
[#4]
They're far superior than the XT covers. I had my SBR covered from head to toe in XT's. I had to drill holes in the edges and zip tie them in place to keep them from getting lost. I kept knocking some of the shorter sections loose when the rifle was slung on hikes.

The texture of the XT covers is very aggressive. Like rubberized skateboard tape. The XTM's are smooth but have ribbed texture on them. They remind me of the feeling of a standard handguard for the M16.

I picked the rifle up by one section of XTM's, there was no way it was going to come loose. The fact that they're about a third cheaper than the XT's makes this a no brainer to me.

Here are the new XTM's.
www.citlink.net/~boehm/AR15/100_2853.jpg

Then the other side has XT's because I ran out of XTM's. Tan and OD green are back ordered.
www.citlink.net/~boehm/AR15/100_2857.jpg
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:29:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Alrighty then.  I'm gonna get me some XTMs!  I've fallen in love with Magpul overnight, lol.

Thanks for the replies!

BWT, AimSurplus.com has them for 1 cent shipping (if it's new to anyone)... same as all their Magpul items.  Awesome place to shop!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top