User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2007 6:17:42 PM EDT
I have looked and from what I see

Noveske 10.5 SS  $285
Denny'S SS VCQB 10.5  $280
Rainier SS 10.5  $285
WOA SS 10.5  $239

They all seem to be match grade barrels. I don't plan on shooting a lot of match ammo but would like the option. I'm going to use a Vltor VIS and a scope. MOA is good enough for me. I need sugestion on why I would choses any of the other 3 barrels over the WOA. Need help, Thanks
Link Posted: 8/10/2007 11:05:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 4:05:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, Wes
Can you tell me why? Is it just overall better quality or performance? This will be my first build from scratch.

Rainier claims there barrel is a ultra match.

Quoted:
I KNOW WHERE I'D PUT MY MONEY - NOVESKE.

WES
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 4:18:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Noveske 10.5 SS  $285
Rainier SS 10.5  $285
WOA SS 10.5  $239

They all seem to be match grade barrels. I don't plan on shooting a lot of match ammo but would like the option. I'm going to use a Vltor VIS and a scope. MOA is good enough for me. I need sugestion on why I would choses any of the other 3 barrels over the WOA. Need help, Thanks

10.5 barrel with a scope? what type of scope?  if you are worried about just putting up moa, why so much drive behind a SS short barrel, with glass?
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 3:14:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Noveske 10.5 SS  $285
Rainier SS 10.5  $285
WOA SS 10.5  $239

10.5 barrel with a scope? what type of scope?  if you are worried about just putting up moa, why so much drive behind a SS short barrel, with glass?

I real don't need a SS barrel, but I want a 10.5" to go on aVIS-2. I could use a chrome line barrel. I need one that has M4 ramps and to get a good one is going to cost atleast $250. Why not spend a few more $ and get a SS. I have a 2x7 power scope that I used on my 6.8spc. I was going to use it until I had the funds to do a Aimponit with 3x magnifier.

I do have a LMT 10.5 upper. I could remove the barrel and use it for my project and get something like a CMMG 10.3 to use on my SBR blaster. I want to have a 10.5 with just A3 carry handel and M4 nadgaurds. The other 10.5 I want to have a railed tactical look.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 7:59:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Bump, Still information
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 10:16:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top