Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2007 2:48:34 PM EDT
I got a mid-length 16" barrel from RRA, but I do not know how to take off the handguards and barrel that are already on from my gun.  I can't add the new barrel without finding out. Here is essentially my gun (the top picture, 20")

http://www.rockriverarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=AR1500X&storeid=1ℑ=va407.gif&CFID=35446326&CFTOKEN=34531629

I don't know how to make it hot, so please just highlight click copy and copy it in web address bar.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 2:57:02 PM EDT
[#1]
What part of the state are you in?
ETA:  If you are wanting to do this yourself you are going to need some tools and a download of the -23&P from the manual download section in the Information board.www.ar15.com/content/manuals/
You want TM 9-1005-319-23.
You will also want to look at TM 9-1005-319-10, which is the Op manual.

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:00:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Dallas Texas, but I have ranch in-between Throckmorton and Breckinridge that I got to every weekend.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:05:25 PM EDT
[#3]
There's a lot of us in the DFW area.  I do sideline work on ARs for a shop in Waxahachie.  D-Ray's in Dallas does some gunsmithing, I don't know what they would charge to rebarrel your AR.  I think there are some places in FtW that will do it.  Gunmaster in Plano as well.
To do it yourself you are going to need a receiver block, barrel wrench, torque wrench, and a breaker bar.  Some other small tools will be needed as well, such as small punches, a rubber/brass mallet, and possibly some pliers.
When I get a chance to look at my TM I'll tell you what section to read.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:28:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Does D-rays have a website?
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 9:50:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top