Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2006 11:09:32 PM EDT
I've got a Bushmaster 16 inch carbine with a standard buffer.

What  will be the pros / cons of putting in a RRA 9mm Buffer (5.5oz),  or aLMT H-Buffer (3.9oz ) in my rifle.?

Will the heavier it help me with follow up  shots, or retain my sight picture?

Is there anything better buffer to put in at a cost of under $50?

Should I get the 9mm buffer or the LMT H buffer?

Just to mention it will be running w/ a CS carbine buffer spring, right now its bone stock.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 2:53:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I have been running H2 buffers in all my CARs. I am very happy with them
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 2:56:56 AM EDT
[#2]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=276520

My comments on this subject are there.

Mike
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:27:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Unless you have problems with your gun, Id leave it be.

If you are a tinkerer, and seeking that 1/10 of 1% enhancement, then go with an H, H2, or 9mm buffer.

But the difference will be imperceptible to most (except the 9mm which is substantially heavier).

The short story is that a heavier buffer will slow the cycle, create a more deliberate bolt return, and some say more reliable operation.

It will be subtle though and not make a noticeable difference to semi-shooters.

(Here is a thread with a lot of related information )

Also, I copied a fellow AR15.com member - Glenn-  buffer weight chart to illustrate the differences in them
Glenn's chart

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 1:47:34 PM EDT
[#4]
So, let me get this straight, the 9mm is better than the standard buffer, and the only thing better is the MGI, as it is not  a hydro. buffer?

Will the 9 mm buffer cause any malfunctions that anyone can think of???
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top