Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2006 1:28:48 PM EDT
I am buying an ACOG for my 16.5" LMT upper, but this is my question:  The Trijicon mount puts the ACOG on the rail right in front, basically flush with my ARMS 40L sights, which is right where I want it.  I want it as far back as possible, closest to the BUIS, but will the LaRue mount prevent that from happenening since it seems it is lever activated, and it seems like it needs a little more room for that lever to work.  If I dont use a LaRue, how much of a problem with zero-shift will I have if I pull off then remount the ACOG?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:16:17 PM EDT
[#1]
It's WAY WAY WAY better than any other mount, especially the stock one.

The lever does not need much room to work, in any case it is quite a bit forward from the rear of the sight, I was able to mount the Acog closer to my #40L than I could with the stock mount. All my expensive optics are on some sort of Larue mount.

It is probably the only mount system in the world that has repeatable zero, nothing else comes close in this aspect. ARMS have had problems after retpeated use, the Larue will always be rock solid as it is adjustable.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:29:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you still use it that way?  Can you send me a pic of the LaRue mount combined with the ARMS 40 L BUIS?  I had the back of the stock ACOG mount basically flush with the front of the 40 L sights, and that is how I want to make sure the LaRue mount will allow me to do it.  I basically want the ACOG as far to the rear as the open rails will allow, so I do not know how the LaRue mount accomidates this.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 2:50:55 AM EDT
[#3]
the arms mount by default will mount the closest to the buis since it is notched/recessed for the sight.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:03:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

The lever does not need much room to work, in any case it is quite a bit forward from the rear of the sight, I was able to mount the Acog closer to my #40L than I could with the stock mount. All my expensive optics are on some sort of Larue mount.

It is probably the only mount system in the world that has repeatable zero, nothing else comes close in this aspect. ARMS have had problems after retpeated use, the Larue will always be rock solid as it is adjustable.

Please noted this is just one person's opinion as there is absolutely nothing wrong with the TA51 mount that comes on ACOGs.

You can remove it and replace it without loss of zero same as the ARMS #22M68 or any ARMs mount.

I have been using ARMS products for more than a decade now and IMO these comments above are total bs.

Mike
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:23:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please noted this is just one person's opinion as there is absolutely nothing wrong with the TA51 mount that comes on ACOGs.

You can remove it and replace it without loss of zero same as the ARMS #22M68 or any ARMs mount.

I have been using ARMS products for more than a decade now and IMO these comments above are total bs.

Mike

I would have to disagree with the TA51 repeat zero comment. About the only way I could see anyone getting repeat zero out of a TA51 is with a torque wrench and witness marks.

Most people believe that their TA51 mount is repeating zero because they are shooting Mil-Ball ammo (or Wolf) out of a chrome lined barrel (that shoots 3-5 MOA). If the TA51 didn't repeat zero, you would most likely never know it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:51:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I can't see it being a problem, I haven't used the fullsize ACOG mount from LR, though.  However, I do own a LR compact ACOG mount, and it's the nicest mount I've seen/used.  I used to be very skeptical of LR, because it seemed as though there was blind alligance to the brand.  I have since changed my mind.  I have used LR Tactical products in builds for friends, and was always impressed.  Now that I own one, I am a believer.

I'm not saying that ARMS makes a bad product and that it won't suit your needs; I'm sure it will.  I'm just saying that I prefer the LR design.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:22:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mike

I agree. I recently sold an arms #19 acog mount to switch to a larue acog mount because of all the postitive reviews about how much better they were. I found that I like the arms mounts/locking system better. I don't like the feel when you close the larue locking levers they get tight, tighter, and then loosen up as the levers move flush into the closed position and lock the flats against the rail (note: the mount itself is not loose with the levers closed). The arms seems to keep more consistent locking tension throughtout the whole lever closing /latching cycle. That said, I find the arms#19 acog a little too long and the #19s acog I would like to have 2 locking arms, I don't like the single. So the Larue it a nice length with two levers -
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top