Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2006 11:00:28 PM EDT
I am currently looking to purchase a new AR15 A3 with a 20" government profile barrel. I'm currently trying to decide between either a bushmaster, or a CMMG rifle. I've never really heard much about CMMG, but their stuff looks really good. What do you guys know abotu CMMG and, which one of the two manufacturers do you think is better?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:58:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd play it safe and go with Bushmaster. They've built a lot more rifles than CMMG and have a proven warranty.  Also, CMMG seems kinda expensive for being the new kid on the block.

And finally, I'm hoping someone can confirm or deny the rumor that CMMG is simply repackaged DPMS stuff.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:49:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:50:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:39:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I love RRA stuff, but I didn't find what I wanted in their catalogue.

Has anyone had any experience with CMMG that they can share?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:19:13 AM EDT
[#5]
BUSHMASTER would be my PICK! I had a Rack grade 20 incher that thought it was a Match Rifle
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:17:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:39:51 AM EDT
[#7]
gds_enterprise offers bushmaster uppers and are great to deal with.

they also have the 1x7 twist in stock.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:09:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
gds_enterprise offers bushmaster uppers and are great to deal with.

they also have the 1x7 twist in stock.

+1

Geralds customer service and selection is second to none

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:20:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd go with bushmaster too. Their chrome-lined barrels shoot well with mil-spec 55gr ammo. I'have several 14.5's and a 20 that all shoot well. Played around with a 24"varminter, and that shot great as well.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 1:07:15 AM EDT
[#10]
CMMG receivers are made by LAR Manufacturing...  dunno where they get the rest of their parts from.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 1:24:19 AM EDT
[#11]
CMMG.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:12:35 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
CMMG receivers are made by LAR Manufacturing...  dunno where they get the rest of their parts from.

That's interesting, because I believe Bushmaster lowers are also made by LAR.  If CMMG receivers are cheaper than BM, it sounds like the choice is easy.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:15:09 AM EDT
[#13]
I don't know if this is true or not but I think CMMG is all DPMS products.  They seem like a really good company, I have never dealt with them but from what I read from around here they seem to be top notch.  I would have no problem buying a CMMG but I have a Bushy so I have to say Bushy.

good luck
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:40:29 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I don't know if this is true or not but I think CMMG is all DPMS products.  They seem like a really good company, I have never dealt with them but from what I read from around here they seem to be top notch.  I would have no problem buying a CMMG but I have a Bushy so I have to say Bushy.

good luck

CMMG Makes there own rifles

They are not repackaged DPMS rifles, not even close.

+1 CMMG

They offer the Same if not better rifle, and blows BM's Customer Service completly out of the water.

IIRC RRA does not make a goverment profile 20"
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 1:20:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks guys, i think I'm gonna go with CMMG, they have a couple of uppers that I want, so I think I'll purchase them in the near future (waiting for that tax refund h=85%

Quoted:

Quoted:
I love RRA stuff, but I didn't find what I wanted in their catalogue.

Has anyone had any experience with CMMG that they can share?

i had bought some receivers from cmmg and they are a good company to deal with...

what was it that you could not find/get with rra

One of the uppers I want is a 20" gov't profile chrome-lined bbl with a 1x7 twist. Not too many manufacturer's make anything with the 1x7 twist. I don't believe RRA makes a 20" government profile bbl.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:55:14 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

good luck

+1 CMMG

They offer the Same if not better rifle, and blows BM's Customer Service completly out of the water.

is that something you know for sure?  I'm just curious because I have read a few times that they were DPMS.  I'm not doubting you just wondering if you know for sure that way I'm not spreading any more rumors,  there are enough of them out there.  I remember a thread from a while ago were people were saying they are DPMS and CMMG would not comment on it but was active in the thread.

thanks,
Bill
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:32:59 PM EDT
[#17]
CMMG no longer uses DPMS parts, but won't publicly say whose parts they do use.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:44:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Hello,

I have had two lowers built/configured by CMMG.  Their customer service has been outstanding.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:24:41 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

good luck

+1 CMMG

is that something you know for sure?  I'm just curious because I have read a few times that they were DPMS.  I'm not doubting you just wondering if you know for sure that way I'm not spreading any more rumors,  there are enough of them out there.  I remember a thread from a while ago were people were saying they are DPMS and CMMG would not comment on it but was active in the thread.

thanks,
Bill

Well I have been to the Shop where they are made.

I do believe they get there LPK from the same place as DMPS, because theres uses the same modified M16 hammer.

They use the enhanced carrier now too which Im almost certain DPMS doesn't offer, There to the point now they get the parts they don't make from the OEM.

I believe they  moved away from DPMS as a part supplier due to DPMS not having the spec of parts they wanted, like the enhanced carriers and F marked Forged FSB.

On a realated note They are expanding thier shop to easly twice the size what it is now.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:17:17 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I am currently looking to purchase a new AR15 A3 with a 20" government profile barrel. I'm currently trying to decide between either a bushmaster, or a CMMG rifle. I've never really heard much about CMMG, but their stuff looks really good. What do you guys know abotu CMMG and, which one of the two manufacturers do you think is better?

RRA parts and receivers, Bushmaster barrel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top