Carbine buffer: 3.0 ounce
H buffer: 3.9
H2 ?
H3 ?
Endine: 4.3
DPMS 9mm 5.5
MGI ?
AAC 7.5

Right now my favorites are the H, H2, or H3, depending on what gets me in the 700rpm range or strikes the best balance between suppressed and unsuppressed fire.

I like the Endine although it is strange when you pull back on the charging handle to feel the second spring come in. But it made my 7.62x39 11 inch upper work in full auto. Every other buffer I tried had light firing pin strikes, which I guess is bolt bounce.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:09:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Wolff XP springs.

I'm asking Enidine to shorten the piston extension and perhaps stiffen the damping a little. This should fix the lockback issues.

Simon
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:35:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Wolff XP springs for what?

Has anyone done Tungsten weights inside a tube filled with oil to delay their movement?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:38:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Try Wolff XP  main spring....to give ya a bit more resistance to the BCG. If you don't need to a collapsing stock, go with an A1 tube, XP springs and the MGI.

Simon
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:00:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I have been using David Tubb chrome silicon springs. They are extra power, but in general I am moving away from them. The extra-power seemed to be a problem on my LMT 10.5,

But the 7.62x39 seems to need extra-power to strip a round -- at least the first round. So if I send you that I recommend an extra-power spring and the Endine.

The MGI buffer is probably too heavy for just about any use.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top