Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2006 9:22:10 AM EDT
I want to use my AR to hunt in PA, and I wanted to know if anyone knew of a bolt or pump action upper that I could use. I would prefer a cal. larger then .223 also.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:06:03 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I want to use my AR to hunt in PA, and I wanted to know if anyone knew of a bolt or pump action upper that I could use. I would prefer a cal. larger then .223 also.  

I dont know of any. Cobb has some conversions.  There are plenty of higher caliber uppers out there but I have not seen bolt or pump uppers for an AR lower(in 223 that is).  I think remington has a pump rifle 223 that takes AR mags now.

http://www.cobb50.com/mcr.htm

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:40:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Thought DPMS had some type of pump action.....upper?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:43:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I think I saw that somewhere but I can't find it again. I think it was a complete rifle though. I want just an upper.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:51:45 PM EDT
[#4]
remove gas tube, JB weld the gas port on the barrel.

Single shot bolt action. Well, charging handle action...
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:50:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I can see me trying to explain to a game warden how I JB Welded my gas port. They would probably just club me right there.  Have you ever seen that done before. I know in theory it would work but where would the pressure go, just right out the barrel. Woul that increase the velocity of the bullets then, because more gas would be pushing thebullet instead of going intothe tube?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:23:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I can see me trying to explain to a game warden how I JB Welded my gas port. They would probably just club me right there.  Have you ever seen that done before. I know in theory it would work but where would the pressure go, just right out the barrel. Woul that increase the velocity of the bullets then, because more gas would be pushing thebullet instead of going intothe tube?

If I'm not mistaken, this is one method they use over in England to have legal AR15's.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:33:53 AM EDT
[#7]

Try here http://www.dlaskarms.com/

He is an awesome AR-15 builder ( machines uppers and lowers in house   )

The PAC-5 carbine is the pump version
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:12:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

If I'm not mistaken, this is one method they use over in England to have legal AR15's.

Actually you are mistaken as our barrels must be made without the gas port.

As for chamberings, any chamber that is already offered in an AR can work with manual operation, but you must be aware of tight chambers and hot loads otherwise you can run into a world of extraction problems.

The manual operation is the easiest way to go, and just removing the gas tube will suffice.
It is a good idea to wear shooting glasses though as I've fired an AR with an open gas port and you do get gas coming back.

Mark
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:58:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually you are mistaken as our barrels must be made without the gas port.

As for chamberings, any chamber that is already offered in an AR can work with manual operation, but you must be aware of tight chambers and hot loads otherwise you can run into a world of extraction problems.

The manual operation is the easiest way to go, and just removing the gas tube will suffice.
It is a good idea to wear shooting glasses though as I've fired an AR with an open gas port and you do get gas coming back.

Mark

I stand corrected. However...
Same basic principle, though. Remove gas tube for temporary manual operation, jb weld the gas port for permanent.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:29:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I stand corrected. However...
Same basic principle, though. Remove gas tube for temporary manual operation, jb weld the gas port for permanent.

I really don't think the JB weld will stay in there.
Better to plug the FSB with a screw etc

Mark
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:32:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Klassik...where in PA are you?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:47:04 PM EDT
[#12]
klassik, you may want to check out this thread as the original poster is currently in the process of asking for an official PA Game Commision ruling.....maybe drop him an IM or e-mail.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:34:48 AM EDT
[#13]
I live near York,PA, its righr above MD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top