Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 3:02:58 PM EDT

folks,

ok, don't make fun of this post.  i live in a retarded state.  i know this.  you don't have to point it out.  when my wife finishes her PhD i will move from this retarded state.  meantime i'm trying to make do.  the short preface to this post is that NJ has a "state level" AWB and does not allow telescoping stocks -- they are too evil for us to possess.  ok, now we can move on.

first -- i'm not looking to break the law.

i have a BM carbine with the post-ban "fixed" psuedo-telescoping stock.
it's the black KISS carbine in the foreground:
losdos.dyndns.org:8080/ar15/DSCN0972_sm.jpg

i would like to make the stock length about an inch and change shorter. one, because my arms are short (no jokes please), and two, because my small-framed wife would actually be able to properly position the rifle when shooting. the stock on my KISS carbine is currently longer than the A1 style Vltor clubfoot on my RECCE rifle (the tan one above).

i understand that these types of fixed telescoping stocks were sold with rifle extensions, not carbine extensions. hence, i would first need to buy a carbine extension (and possibly buffer).

then, i would drive the roll pin(s) from the current setup, and dismount the rifle extension from the lower. mount the carbine extension, put the stock proper back on, be momentarily a law-breaking person as i have an adjustable stock mounted to my rifle, determine the right length while standing in my basement, and then drill holes in the new extension to once again accept the roll pins. once the pins are seated, all is well.

does this sound like a plan?

thanks for any comments / hints / been-there-done-that stories / etc.

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:16:47 PM EDT
[#1]
because the telestock is really all about looks at this point, I would suggest a setup that I actually like a lot, is cheap and works great!

Use the shorty "Entry Stock" form RRA with a 1" spacer/sling mount -- there were some buffer tubes around that were an inch longer and did not need the tube spacer, plus gave you a little more rcoil stroke... very nice setup, strong, compact and legal on both coasts!

I will see if I can dig up some pics of this setup...
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:53:29 PM EDT
[#2]
If I had to move back to Jersey I would get this stock instead of messing with the fixed Bushy
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:13:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Ar-jedi,

I feel your pain.  Most postban telestocks are pinned to Shaquille O'Neal dimensions.  

One idea is to disassemble the stock, carefully cut about an inch off of the the threaded end of the buffer tube (with a dremel or hacksaw), and reassemble.   A buddy of mine in NJ did this and it works great.  You just need to measure very carefully (don't make it too short), cut carefully (don't bugger the threads), and make sure to keep the extended "lip" on the very bottom of the tube to keep the buffer retaining spring in place--don't cut straight all the way through.

Another option is to get Rich at Magpul to pin open a 93B for ya in one of the shorter positions.  Since that's also a "factory" job, it should be GTG in NJ.

YMMV.

Will    
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:00:35 PM EDT
[#4]
You have mail.
Top Top