Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 10:10:55 AM EDT
Just curious how many of you guys are using the LMT Enhanced Carrier and Chromed Bolt w/dual springs?

Chime in with round count and any faliures if you would,Thanks

Jm03

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:56:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I dont.

Somehow I have gotten through life without ever needing one,  yes I am amazed as well........
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:53:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:56:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I got one when they first came out.Put about 500 rds. thru it (no problem) before I sold it with the upper.I never had any problems but I remember others who did.

Just curious what the final verdict was on these as I have one coming on a package deal from the EE.

Any long term users, with any input?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:31:03 AM EDT
[#4]
LMT dual extractor spring bolt has been very shoddily machined lately.  They are only guaranteed to work with M855 ammo.  Iused an LMT Enhanced bolt for a while and it gave me no problems.  I would not buy the lateest examples I have seen.  If you want a dual extracor spring bolt check out the Leitner Wise ACB (Advanced Combat Bolt) it is better than the LMT version in every conceivable way from machining to reliability.  I bought one of these over the LMT version due to the examples I have seen pics of recent production.  Go to the LW Industry forum to learn more.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:44:32 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
LMT dual extractor spring bolt has been very shoddily machined lately.  They are only guaranteed to work with M855 ammo.  Iused an LMT Enhanced bolt for a while and it gave me no problems.  I would not buy the lateest examples I have seen.  If you want a dual extracor spring bolt check out the Leitner Wise ACB (Advanced Combat Bolt) it is better than the LMT version in every conceivable way from machining to reliability.  I bought one of these over the LMT version due to the examples I have seen pics of recent production.  Go to the LW Industry forum to learn more.

This statement is based on what?

(1.) How many LMT's have you personally inspected/tested lately? I would like to see an exact number if your going to be making such bold claims.

(2.) How many LW ACB's have to you personally inspected/tested? "It is better than the LMT version in every conceivable way from machining to reliability." This statement is based on what?

Is this just a LW infomercial or can you back any of this up with provable facts? I do not consider opinions based on Internet photos or manufacturer claims to be "Facts".

I'm not implying anything about the LW ACB because I'm sure it's a great product. I just think it’s WAY to early to proclaim anything about a product so rare.

DevL just has a long history of making big bold statements about products he doesn't have a clue about in reality.

As for my experience with the LMT Enhanced Bolt assembly it seems to be very weapon specific. Some users have problems while others swear by them. I personally know that ARFCOM Team Member JC_ has over ten thousand trouble free rounds using one in his NFA registered upper. I have no idea what part weapons maintenance, lubrication, set-up, and ammo plays in this but LMT recommends using only M855.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:58:01 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This statement is based on what?

(1.) How many LMT's have you personally inspected/tested lately? I would like to see an exact number if your going to be making such bold claims.

One tested, few pics from other members which is why I did not buy afterseeing their pics and reported failures from others.  I should buy a product that has shitty machining and reported failures?  That would be stupid.

(2.) How many LW ACB's have to you personally inspected/tested? "It is better than the LMT version in every conceivable way from machining to reliability." This statement is based on what?

One LMT inspected tested, two LW ACB inspected

Is this just a LW infomercial or can you back any of this up with provable facts? I do not consider opinions based on Internet photos or manufacturer claims to be "Facts".

There were specific alteration to the spring and extractor system to make it more reliable than the LMT and it also uses better materials than the LMT, for example the extractor has more meat to hold the brass, etc

I'm not implying anything about the LW ACB because I'm sure it's a great product. I just think it’s WAY to early to proclaim anything about a product so rare.

DevL just has a long history of making big bold statements about products he doesn't have a clue about in reality.

Well I have at least seen and handled both and done my homework enought to not be pruchasing a current LMT bolt.  The original I used and tested was wonderfully machined and finished.  I have corresponded and seen posts from members who had some nastty looking LMT enhanced bolts. Note I had zero reliability issues with the LMT unit except the comination of a rate reducing buffer the enhanced carrier and rifle length gas system OR the fat boy gas tube system which caused massive failures using BH 75 and Federal 77 grain ammo... this would not be the LMTs fault but standard Colt carrier and bolt did solve the issue

As for my experience with the LMT Enhanced Bolt assembly it seems to be very weapon specific. Some users have problems while others swear by them. I personally know that ARFCOM Team Member JC_ has over ten thousand trouble free rounds using one in his NFA registered upper. I have no idea what part weapons maintenance, lubrication, set-up, and ammo plays in this but LMT recommends using only M855.

Why dont you get off my back now... I trust my answers are satisfactory to you since I answered them all as specifically as possible. I mad my purchasing decisions based on the information and experience I had... this I try to share with others.  Perhaps you should try limiting your own responses to the same.

[EDIT]

If you have a probelm with me take it to IM
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:20:41 PM EDT
[#7]
So you have owned one LMT (With zero problems) and HANDLED two LW ACB's, but shot neither one. Do you really think this is enough to post such a broad based & bold statement about either product? Manufacturer claims don't mean a thing to me on such a new/rare/unproven product.

Tone down the BS, and I would be glad to "get off your back".  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:29:51 PM EDT
[#8]
tech forums....woooohoooo!

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:51:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
tech forums....woooohoooo!

Isnt it great!

Thanks for the posts guys,even if you are having a pissing match.I did some checking on the LW Industry forum.The ACB bolt is intriguing.I think I will look in to them as well.

I believe some of the problems people had with the LMT was the Extractor springs "setting".I will probably just get some spares to keep on hand.I think LW makes them for the LMT bolt as well.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:24:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I run one in a 16inch rifle and it shoots 1/2 MOA and runs like a top.  

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:02:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I dont.

Somehow I have gotten through life without ever needing one,  yes I am amazed as well........

Lumpy? that you?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top