Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2006 4:36:28 PM EDT
Anyone use these??  Do they wiggle around with a forward pistol grip?  are they too wide or just right.  Please help I have searched and can find no reviews or inputs.  Please help all input is welcome.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:08:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the mid-length. I'm probably not the best person to ask since this is my first quad rail though. I do think they are well made and don't move around much (however I don't have a foreward vertical grip yet). I do think it is on the heavy side but do to my limited experience with quad rails I don't have anything to compare it to.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:09:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Terrific. Absolutely rock solid!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:20:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I got a set for my M4.
The rails are rock solid....However, I have a Tango Down vert grip on them and it has a little bit of movement. the grip that is, NOT the rail.
Not enough to be a problem or really very noticable. I got mine from Bravo Company.
And they actually told me that most of the time it was opposite that the TD grip was usally a little on the tight side.
But I would have no reservations in buying them or suggesting them.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:13:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I had the MI rail on my M4gery and recently switched to the KAC RAS.  The main reason I switched was to reduce weight.  The MI hand guard is well made and beautifully finished, but it is a little on the heavy side.  It is also larger in diameter than the the RAS.  I had no issues with rail movement even with a TD vetical grip attached.  For the money you would be hard pressed to find a better rail than the MI.

Kevin
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:56:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:03:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I think dollar for dollar the best you can get.  No movement, everything mates perfectly.  Used quite a few, and I'm really impressed with it.  Can't believe the quality compared to it's price.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:02:47 AM EDT
[#7]
I agree with the above.  Very nice handguards.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:52:30 AM EDT
[#8]
How does it compare with the YHM and Troy handguards?

Also, how difficult to mount the freefloat carbine model?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:32:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:01:35 PM EDT
[#10]
So how do they compare to the Troy free float rail?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:29:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I have an a-2 colt with the arms #39 a-2 mount , will the MI handgaurds fit under it. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:30:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Comparing the normal MI handguards to free float rails is an apples to oranges comparison.  I haven't handled the 2 piece free float MI hanguards, but I have a regular set.  

They don't wiggle and I think you get a good amount of bang for the buck.  They will be pretty wide with rail covers on, though, but that isn't really avoidable with a 2-piece non free float handguard.  I haven't heard anyone complain about them, except that a few people have had Tango Down foregrips that were really tight.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:42:08 AM EDT
[#13]
I love them for messing around.  If it came down to SHTF or serious work, I'm not the one to ask.    But the bowling pins fear the evil VFG!

Very little movement (tiny bit on my bottom rail), an awesome buy for the money.

I would buy MI again for another build.

- BG
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:46:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Got one, like it. 'nuff said.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:10:09 AM EDT
[#15]
I have a Sabre midlength with the non FF two piece MI rail and Tango Down VFG.  I like it although there is slight movement...rotation or twist I guess.  But its not enough to bother me, besides thats not a rail problem as much as its my handguard cap being the problem.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:07:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Well worth the money makes you wonder why to spend 300+ on the other stuff.

Rich
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:51:19 PM EDT
[#17]
I bought it and it feels good only prob is I couldn't get a Tango Down VFG to fit.

Hey SSG3K what kinda VFG is that??  I bought a Tango Down and it wouldn't fit I need one that clamps NOT WEDGES i.e. Tango Down.  Your looks like what I need.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:15:26 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I bought it and it feels good only prob is I couldn't get a Tango Down VFG to fit.

Hey SSG3K what kinda VFG is that??  I bought a Tango Down and it wouldn't fit I need one that clamps NOT WEDGES i.e. Tango Down.  Your looks like what I need.

It was definitely a pain in the ass.  I ended up pounding on it to get it on there.  Next time around if a TD doesnt fit I'll get a CQD.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:27:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Love my MI rails!  Best rail deal out there imho.

I had to beat my tango down grip onto the rails too.  The rails are still tight, the grip isn't ever going anywhere either.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:26:38 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Shoot me an email or IM, I have that AR in question now.  I'll trade you VFG's.

bglimpse at yahoo.com
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:32:06 AM EDT
[#21]
I'd say they're definitly higher quality than YHM, though, not as good as KAC.

Dave's scale of non-FF rails, best being on the far left...extreme mud-butt on the far right:

KAC........MI..................................YHM....................B-Square
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:48:01 AM EDT
[#22]
The MI Rails are a different diameter than the KAC ones? And I thought the weight difference was about one ounce.....

Quoted:
I had the MI rail on my M4gery and recently switched to the KAC RAS.  The main reason I switched was to reduce weight.  The MI hand guard is well made and beautifully finished, but it is a little on the heavy side.  It is also larger in diameter than the the RAS.  I had no issues with rail movement even with a TD vetical grip attached.  For the money you would be hard pressed to find a better rail than the MI.

Kevin

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:05:03 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
The MI Rails are a different diameter than the KAC ones? And I thought the weight difference was about one ounce.....

Quoted:

Kevin

The MI rails are wider than KAC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top