Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2006 5:49:29 PM EDT
I talked with Noveske the other day and was told that there are a lot of people using their KH3 brake on 16" barrels with great results.  Anyone here using this configuration?  What has been your experience.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:56:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:59:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Anybody have a picture of this setup, (16" Bbl)

What would be the advantages??
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:15:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Wasn't the KX3 device designed for short barreled weapons to help with cycleing and muzzle rise? On a 16" midlength these are really not issues so would the KX3 be any advantage over a regular flash hider at all?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:21:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Wasn't the KX3 device designed for short barreled weapons to help with cycleing and muzzle rise? On a 16" midlength these are really not issues so would the KX3 be any advantage over a regular flash hider at all?

The KX3 is an expansion chamber designed to improve the reliability of short barreled rifles that have a short dwell time -- gets its roots from the AK-74U and works well for that purpose. On a 16" barrel (especially a carbine gas system gun) that extra back pressure does not help at all, if it is not outright a disadvantage.

From the limited number of them that I have seen in service, they are not really a good flash suppressor at all, but they do make a pretty cool "fire ball" in front of the weapon -- interesting to see if nothing else.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:31:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I've heard that the mid length gas system was slightly more reliable than the carbine length.  So my thinking was that it would be a good idea to put it on a carbine length gas system to get the same reliability as mid length.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:38:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I've heard that the mid length gas system was slightly more reliable than the carbine length.  So my thinking was that it would be a good idea to put it on a carbine length gas system to get the same reliability as mid length.

I would say more than slightly...

Actually would exacerbate the problem... on issue with the carbine length system on a 16" barrel is the long dwell time and excessive back pressure -- the KX3 would only add to this.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:00:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would say more than slightly...

Actually would exacerbate the problem... on issue with the carbine length system on a 16" barrel is the long dwell time and excessive back pressure -- the KX3 would only add to this.

Got it, thanks for taking the time to explain it.  

Scott

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:11:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top