Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2006 9:03:49 AM EDT
Cover of Guns&Ammo mag shows the M&P15 with Troy Industries Rail System and Sights.

www.gunsandammomag.com/117_0306NS/
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:06:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got it, the article isn't objectivly written.  Guns and Ammo for some reason is very Smith biased.  Bottom line, if it says Smith and Wesson, and it's not a wheelgun, it's shitty.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:20:30 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I've got it, the article isn't objectivly written.  Guns and Ammo for some reason is very Smith biased.  Bottom line, if it says Smith and Wesson, and it's not a wheelgun, it's shitty.

You're kidding!  In Guns & Ammo?!?  

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:20:52 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Bottom line, if it says Smith and Wesson, and it's not a wheelgun, it's shitty.

I guess you have NEVER touched a non-wheelgun Smith and Wesson. I have, and their third gen auto's are top notch. Their Performance Center Auto's are awesome guns. The PC 952 is arguably the most accurate 9mm pistol on the market.

My PC Shorty Forty 2000 is accurate as all hell......and doesn't choke on anything.

But yeah, they're all shitty.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:26:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bottom line, if it says Smith and Wesson, and it's not a wheelgun, it's shitty.

I guess you have NEVER touched a non-wheelgun Smith and Wesson. I have, and their third gen auto's are top notch. Their Performance Center Auto's are awesome guns. The PC 952 is arguably the most accurate 9mm pistol on the market.

My PC Shorty Forty 2000 is accurate as all hell......and doesn't choke on anything.

But yeah, they're all shitty.

DW

The 3 smith and wesson autos I've owned were all on par with hi point.  The last one was a brand new, latest edition SW40VE.  At least one malfunction every 100 rounds even when it was freshly cleaned and lubed.  Brand of ammo didn't matter.  The 4506 and older sigma were both POS's too.   S&W CANNOT compete with other big gun manufacturers out there.  The performance center guns are a wee different.  They are not assembly line guns.  They are essentially customs with extensive testing in each one.  When Koenig gets a 1911 for his competitions I assure you he's not shooting a box stock gun.  When the vast majority of people that shoot sigs and glocks shoot IPSC or USPSA they pick up box stock guns and are good to go.  Smith can't do that unless your in the revolver classes.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:23:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Why can't S&W make an AR? colt makes one and didn't even invent it or the 1911! , S&W has a hell of a reputation in there 1911 market and has been making slides for Kimbers 1911's and I've even heard some of colts, so with that quality in house they're probably a very worth contributor to the market! just seems a little weird though!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:17:41 PM EDT
[#6]
s&w can make an ar15, but it will have to have an external extractor.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:23:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Why can't S&W make an AR? colt makes one and didn't even invent it or the 1911! , S&W has a hell of a reputation in there 1911 market and has been making slides for Kimbers 1911's and I've even heard some of colts, so with that quality in house they're probably a very worth contributor to the market! just seems a little weird though!

Diversification.

Its hard to survive these days in business without it, let alone a market so hard and competitive as the firearms market.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:37:40 PM EDT
[#8]
the rifles are made for S&W by CMT with goodies from Troy Ind... the initial contract indicates that they plan on selling pretty well...
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:49:14 PM EDT
[#9]
sound like a home run for S&W! now if they can build it for a fair market price is the other thing, but I'm sure they will!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:09:34 AM EDT
[#10]

Another thread on the subject, FYI:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=267092

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:25:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:37:27 AM EDT
[#12]
CMT is good stuff, so I don't see how this can be bad, as long as they don't price it like LBC.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:00:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Im not one for SW autos either, but saying all their auto's are shitty? That's just rediculous. Oh, and I just read two of the three SW auto's you have experience with are the 40VE and Sigma... Im wondering what you expected of such a cheap gun?

Point is, SW makes good stuff and their AR is supposed to be made by CMT, which is pretty good stuff. The M&P15 looks very interesting to me and I am very interested to see it.

To work.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:07:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
s&w can make an ar15, but it will have to have an external extractor.

Don't forget the warning " This firearm will fire with magazine removed"
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:45:08 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

CMT is shitty?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top