User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2006 7:41:02 PM EDT
Does anyone use the Grip Pod?  

If so, do you like it?

Thanks,

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:51:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Not really something I'd use, but many do.

Link to Grip Pod

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:12:26 AM EDT
[#2]
i like my vfg closest to the lower and like my bipods closest to the muzzle and the grip pod would offer that.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:32:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got the polymer Grippod. The major issue with them is that if you like your VFG near the magwell, it makes for a poor bipod since it works better as a bipod when it is run out towards the muzzle. If you like your grip out there toward the front, then it isn't a bad compromise.

As grips go, it is a nice grip. It attaches solidly. You don't need to remove other gear to take it on and off the rail. It is well constructed and comfortable to use.

As bipods go, it is so-so. Because the bipod legs are shorter than an actual bipod you don't get the same degree of stability. Also the bipod pops out whereever the grip is located (as mentioned earlier) and often is not in the ideal bipod location. This can be seen as either a plus or a minus; but the polymer is also "twisty" enough to let you track side to side to some degree as well with the bipod deployed.

It is definitely a compromise item; but not a bad one. You would have a hard time getting both a grip and bipod that could fill the same role and not take up more than 7oz weight. Right now I am using it on a project rifle that is designed to handle fast shooting close-in and still be able to do MOA shots at 600yds. Unfortunately, I've had issues with other parts of the rifle (that's why they call it bleeding edge technology I guess) and haven't got to use it as much as I would like.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:13:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I just got mine yesterday. I installed it, but havent had a chance to use it yet. Hoping to try it out coyote hunting this week. I got mine from www.ustacticalsupply.com it was 160 with shipping. Seems to be high quality from what i can tell.  Here is a couple of pics for ya.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top