Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2006 5:53:06 PM EDT
I just received a Yankee Hill Machine free float tube[ rifle length] in the mail that I ordered through Brownells. The tube is one that you can add rails to and it only came with a Jam nut not a barrel nut or a end cap.

My question is this: Do I need a barrel nut in order for it to be installed?

The part is going on an upper that is already assembled. I will have my gunsmith take it down and reassemble it with the free float tube. I might order the end cap also just to make it look nicer but I am not sure yet. Thanks for any responses in advance...........

cwm1150 out....................................
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:32:16 PM EDT
[#1]
It could be they screwed up and didn't send you the barrel nut... Did you look to see if it is screwed into the end of the FF tube? The YHM nut will have one large threaded hole in the center and a lot of little holes around it... The YHM barrel nut is different compared to a standard one so yes you need it...

End caps are extra and not included...
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:59:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Screw on the jam nut then screw on the free float forearm.  The end of the free float should be threaded.  I don't believe there is a separate barrel nut.  The end cap is nice to have it looks good but it doesn't really do anything.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:23:16 PM EDT
[#3]
should have three parts.  ff tube, jam nut, and barrel nut.  in the build it yourself section on installing ff forends, they show a yhm.  check it out.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:26:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
should have three parts.  ff tube, jam nut, and barrel nut.  in the build it yourself section on installing ff forends, they show a yhm.  check it out.  

+1
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:28:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2

You should get a special aluminum barrel nut with ANY YHM FF tube.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:16:20 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2

You should get a special aluminum barrel nut with ANY YHM FF tube.

+3

all of the yhm ff i have gotten from brightflashlights had there own bbl. nut, the end cap is extra though which i also got from brightflashlights.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:57:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:01:23 AM EDT
[#8]
thanks
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:02:08 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Screw on the jam nut then screw on the free float forearm.  The end of the free float should be threaded.  I don't believe there is a separate barrel nut.  The end cap is nice to have it looks good but it doesn't really do anything.

WRONG!

The other fellas above are correct should have been shipped w/ 3 parts, (suspect the barrel nut is just threaded into the FF tube for expediency; hope so)

Mike
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:11:37 AM EDT
[#10]
it's all there I guess I should have totally disassembled it first before posting
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top