Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2006 6:48:21 PM EDT
I mounted it on a RRA lower, with the 2 stage trigger.
My mission for this rifle is mainly 0-200 yards.  With the occaisional longer distance shooting trying to hit anything type thing.  I do have a 2 x7 leupy on an arms 2 mount I could put on there for longer distance.  Eventually, I'll get a dot sight (eotech or something) with buis and may get a good mount for the scope too.

My impressions.  This set up is a bit front heavy.  Not too bad though.  I could probably live with it.  I may also look for some other stock options that would be a tad heavier.  The other weird thing is the upper hangs over a hair more on one side than the other.  It doesn't seem like it will affect function because all the moving parts seem to go where they need to.  I'll see when I hit the range.  Has anyone else seen this before?  But overall the upper that Steve built is very nice feeling and looking.  I'm stoked.

It's very nice and I can't wait to shoot it.  I ordered this Thursday last week and got it today.  I would've got it earlier but obviously the holiday shoved it back some.  Steve ships very fast, if it's in stock I'm sure.

BTW, this is my first carbine!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't teach him that look.  He made it up himself!!!!!!!  
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:55:56 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Got a new upper from ADCO, anybody want to see?  

nope...
J/K

Very nice! Betcha cant wait to shooter...
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:22:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Me neither.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:29:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Congratulations !  
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:06:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn sweet!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:08:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice upper.

Max
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:44:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Is the upper receiver a Rock River?

If not, that will explain the over-hang issue

RRA is known to make their lowers a bit out of spec in order to achieve the tight fit many AR owners have long clamored for.

while I had heard this trivia, and took it with a bit of salt, but then heard (read) an interview with RRA founder who confirmed it.

anyway........it should work fine and sure looksbeautiful.

Congratulations, JJREA !!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:07:37 AM EDT
[#7]
very nice looking upper congrats
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:15:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Great looking Weapon Congrats
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:46:58 AM EDT
[#9]
looks good
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:57:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Looks damn good
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:59:20 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Is the upper receiver a Rock River?

If not, that will explain the over-hang issue

RRA is known to make their lowers a bit out of spec in order to achieve the tight fit many AR owners have long clamored for.

while I had heard this trivia, and took it with a bit of salt, but then heard (read) an interview with RRA founder who confirmed it.

anyway........it should work fine and sure looksbeautiful.

Congratulations, JJREA !!

I can attest to the lock up.  My dad has almost the same set up as I but his is a midlength that Steve built with no FSB but the same RRA lower.  And that thing locks up tiiiiiiiight!!!!  This one locks up tight too. It's just that it hangs over a little on one side and  is in a little on the other.  Like it's off center.  But where the   the buffer and bolt comes together it seems straight.  I just hope it doesn't cause feed issues.  It doesn't look like it will but anytime you have a new weapon it's touch and go until you shoot the piss out of it.  I'm sure if there's a problem, it'll get taken care of properly.  It probably is the RRA is a little out of spec obviously.  The upper reciever is WOA that Steve uses.  As is my dads.  

I know it's simple, but I like simple.  I only want to add what I think I have to have.  Those red dots seem like they'd be fast though.  Which I'd like, but I want to shoot the irons for awhile anyways.  Plus I'm not made of money.  Ammo and mags is where it's going now.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:11:08 PM EDT
[#12]
What's the barrel profile?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:51:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
What's the barrel profile?

Heavy
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:09:24 PM EDT
[#14]
yer kind of young ain't ya?

nice upper
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:25:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Looks great. Just got my upper today from steve at ADCO awsome work fast service. ADCO went over and above for me on this gun, the work is top notch. When i figure out the picture thing on here i will post them. Thanks steve.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:47:44 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Looks great. Just got my upper today from steve at ADCO awsome work fast service. ADCO went over and above for me on this gun, the work is top notch. When i figure out the picture thing on here i will post them. Thanks steve.

This seems to be a recurring theme!!!!

You got pics of your rig?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:54:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Very nice
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:04:07 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
My impressions.  This set up is a bit front heavy.

You might have saved a few ounces at the front by having ADCO shave the barrel down to 14.5" and then permanently installing a Phantom or Vortex FH.  Or maybe flute the barrel?

Pretty rifle.  They shoot nice.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:29:09 PM EDT
[#19]
I have essentially the same set up in his 20" DMR. You will love it, STeve builds them great!
Great guy too.
chuck
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:02:43 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I have essentially the same set up in his 20" DMR. You will love it, STeve builds them great!
Great guy too.
chuck

I've got another upper by him, well my dad has it now, and  can attest to the quality!!!!  

I'm going to shoot this one on Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon.  I'll have to do a report if I remember to bring my camera.  I always forget the camera.  Better than forgetting the ammo though!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top