Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2005 3:59:20 PM EDT
I have been using the Vltor CASV for a little while now. I have been pretty pleased with it so far. The install was a snap. I have been able to remove it with the scope still attached and maintain zero (or extremely close to it). I like being able to put rails where ever I want. The flat bottom of the handguard is useful when going prone or shooting from a rest.

I ran into my first issue with it when I tried to run my Tango Down VFG on it. The TD VFG has a bit of wobble on the CASV.

Is anyone else running a CASV? What has your experience been so far? Do you think Vltor will ever release some replacement rails that are closer to spec?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:34:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I have had a CAS-V since before Vltor was part of it, I think they are great and just keep getting better... the newest ones are very nice, soild and I like how trim they are. I am not a fan of attaching the handguard to the barrel nut, just too many other issues that come from it...

I would have to check the rails with a set of calipers, but I bet they are within the published specs.

From the artist formerly known as Gunzilla
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:40:38 PM EDT
[#2]
My TD VFG fits very snug on my Midwest Industries rails, but for some reason it wobbles on the CASV.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:07:30 PM EDT
[#3]
removed

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:04:59 AM EDT
[#4]
That is exactly why I am shopping for a different VFG to go on this rail. Most designs are much more forgiving of the variances in rails than the Tango Down.

Thanks Guerrilla.

Anyone else running the CASV?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:33:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a Vltor forend, only problem I have with it, is the inside hits the front sling swivel, anywone else have this problem?

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:16:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I removed the front sling swivel. All it takes is a properly sized punch and a few whacks with a hammer.

That is a nice looking set up Night Owl! How does it shoot?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:24:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I removed the front sling swivel. All it takes is a properly sized punch and a few whacks with a hammer.

That is a nice looking set up Night Owl! How does it shoot?

Haven't had a chance to actually shoot it yet, except for a couple rounds to see how loud it is. Everything comes up, from Hurricane Wilma to the store I work at closing down.
Soon though, soon!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top